Twitter: Micah tweet: Doomsday is back

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Eh. Can they use a different name than Doomsday? That was reserved for a certain group of guys in their specific time. Let someone name them something else. And not Hot Boyz either. Chart your own path.
Exactly!! ^^^^

ESisback

Reaction score
Eh. Can they use a different name than Doomsday? That was reserved for a certain group of guys in their specific time. Let someone name them something else. And not Hot Boyz either. Chart your own path.
Agreed

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
In what way?

Even the article you posted acknowledges only two times the name applied.

And I agree, it didn't apply to the excellent and elite defense in the 90's.

To earn that name they have a lot of work to do. One game doesn't do it.

They have to take a season and become utterly feared and totally unable to be argued against. It's not just a handed out name, it's a name earned.

They haven't yet, but I love the ambition.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I know what you mean. He’s just trying to connect with original Cowboy’s fans that got to witness those fantastic defenses. One that was the star in winning one SB. He wants the current defense to duplicate that effort. I actually think it’s like an olive branch to older fans.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
In what way?

Even the article you posted acknowledges only two times the name applied.

And I agree, it didn't apply to the excellent and elite defense in the 90's.

To earn that name they have a lot of work to do. One game doesn't do it.

They have to take a season and become utterly feared and totally unable to be argued against. It's not just a handed out name, it's a name earned.

They haven't yet, but I love the ambition.
Again, legion of boom was the name in August 2012 before they did anything. They don't have to do a full season of anything

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Again, legion of boom was the name in August 2012 before they did anything. They don't have to do a full season of anything
Legion of Boom is nothing to do with the Cowboys and is about as valid as Hot Boyz compared to what Doomsday meant and means to our identity as a franchise.

You do if you're going to claim Doomsday.