"Micah's In; Are Cowboys Jaylon & Vander Esch Out?"

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
And a seemingly massive change. They'll be gone next season.

“I thought it was a good start for him,” coach Mike McCarthy said of rookie Micah Parsons, the first-round pick who was on the field for 51 of Dallas' 64 defensive snaps. “I think he’s beyond his years.''

Meanwhile, the "years'' of Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch may not be long around here....
Sports Illustrated: Micah's In; Are Cowboys Jaylon & Vander Esch Out?.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...as-jaylon-smith-leighton-vander-esch-news-out

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I hate to say it but ... Jaylon actually looked *gasp* Better than LVE on Thursday. LVE just looked like a slow plodding big guy wearing his Al Capone cement shoes. Couldn't run and could barely tackle. Jaylon actually made a pretty big quick tackle, on a play in the 4th quarter where Brady specifically targeted him on a quick screen play, Jaylon fought through it and made the stop for minimal gain.

I still don't like either one, for the record. Micah is going to be a superstar very soon, Neal is very solid, and I'm liking Kearse in the hybrid LB/SS role on run downs as well. Kearse is a very good tackler. I wouldn't want Kearse covering deep, though

DanA

Reaction score
I also lean towards Jaylon being better than LVE too. It's just that LVE doesn't have a deal that anchors himself to the team beyond this year. Neither would be on the team next season if I had any say.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
And a seemingly massive change. They'll be gone next season.

“I thought it was a good start for him,” coach Mike McCarthy said of rookie Micah Parsons, the first-round pick who was on the field for 51 of Dallas' 64 defensive snaps. “I think he’s beyond his years.''

Meanwhile, the "years'' of Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch may not be long around here....
Sports Illustrated: Micah's In; Are Cowboys Jaylon & Vander Esch Out?.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...as-jaylon-smith-leighton-vander-esch-news-out
Clearly there is going to be turnover at the position next off-season. Follow the money, Parson/Cox are locks, can they resign either Neal or Lve to a team friendly deal, I think Jaylon is 100% gone.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Clearly there is going to be turnover at the position next off-season. Follow the money, Parson/Cox are locks, can they resign either Neal or Lve to a team friendly deal, I think Jaylon is 100% gone.
At this rate... LVE won't even be expensive to re-sign. He hasn't shown enough availability in the first 4 years. 2018 was a very long time ago. Neal has been an injury plagued journeyman and unless he has pro bowl stats, he won't be expensive either.

Jackie Sunglasses is a goner and hopefully we can cut Elliott too and sign 2-3 new younger running backs at a combined fraction of the cost of one Elliott.

Verdict

Reaction score
I hate to say it but ... Jaylon actually looked *gasp* Better than LVE on Thursday. LVE just looked like a slow plodding big guy wearing his Al Capone cement shoes. Couldn't run and could barely tackle. Jaylon actually made a pretty big quick tackle, on a play in the 4th quarter where Brady specifically targeted him on a quick screen play, Jaylon fought through it and made the stop for minimal gain.

I still don't like either one, for the record. Micah is going to be a superstar very soon, Neal is very solid, and I'm liking Kearse in the hybrid LB/SS role on run downs as well. Kearse is a very good tackler. I wouldn't want Kearse covering deep, though
I think Neal is going to be a good player for us, but he did not look as good in the first game as he looked in the preseason. Let’s hope that’s an aberration.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Yes. Jaylon and most likely LVE are both goners.

Jaylon is definitely gone. LVE could stay depending on how he performs this year and his price tag next year.

Parsons, Neal and Cox are the future of the LB position in Dallas
Unless his price tag in vet min then bye bye LVE.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score

Right on! That’s where Cox needs to play more on passing downs.

stiletto

Reaction score
We need to draft a stud DT with our First pick. Like that guy from Georgia...

Praxit

Reaction score
..I watched Jaylon close and he cant fight off blockers because of his leg. Cant generate propulsion.

jnday

Reaction score
I'm happy we have Parsons but I really hope Jerry will stop wasting premium picks on players that have medical red flags. It's hard to build a contender when you're missing on talent in the first and second round.
Both Jaylon and LVE has medical concerns before the Cowboys drafted them. That is a solid first round pick and second round pick that was wasted. There has been others like Sean Lee. I was hoping that LVE could comeback cans play at the level that he played at as a rookie. I have given up hope for Jaylon.