"Micah's In; Are Cowboys Jaylon & Vander Esch Out?"

Cowboyny

Reaction score
At this rate... LVE won't even be expensive to re-sign. He hasn't shown enough availability in the first 4 years. 2018 was a very long time ago. Neal has been an injury plagued journeyman and unless he has pro bowl stats, he won't be expensive either.

Jackie Sunglasses is a goner and hopefully we can cut Elliott too and sign 2-3 new younger running backs at a combined fraction of the cost of one Elliott.
I expect LVE to sign a Sean Lee special, based on playing incentives

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate to say it but ... Jaylon actually looked *gasp* Better than LVE on Thursday. LVE just looked like a slow plodding big guy wearing his Al Capone cement shoes. Couldn't run and could barely tackle. Jaylon actually made a pretty big quick tackle, on a play in the 4th quarter where Brady specifically targeted him on a quick screen play, Jaylon fought through it and made the stop for minimal gain.

I still don't like either one, for the record. Micah is going to be a superstar very soon, Neal is very solid, and I'm liking Kearse in the hybrid LB/SS role on run downs as well. Kearse is a very good tackler. I wouldn't want Kearse covering deep, though
Jaylon...'actually"..."made a play"...

wow....amazing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They’re not out we’ll continue rotating LB’s but they only had 30 snaps between them.

Einstein

Reaction score
I thought 11 and 55 were the best last game... Neal was poor at coverage, and for a former DB that is not good!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
One play In the open he was running and I was like wth.. looked like he was running with weights on him.
Hell at this point maybe he wants off the team....I don't get the reason for his regression...I know he had the neck injuries but his issues seem to be between the head and his legs.

Cmac

Reaction score
Yeah let’s see what happens this year. Jaylon is ok and LVE is a tackling beast. I could see dumping Jaylon to be clear of the contract if he don’t show us something.
LVE a tackling beast?

Big_D

Reaction score
They might not be out at the moment, but they are clearly on their last leg in Dallas. You have to replace that production cheaper next year. Micah Parsons is no doubt the new Sheriff in town.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm happy we have Parsons but I really hope Jerry will stop wasting premium picks on players that have medical red flags. It's hard to build a contender when you're missing on talent in the first and second round.

Yeah but its hard to look smart when you do what everyone expects you to do. Your not gonna take that red flag guy? Well, I'm gonna take him b/c if he pans out, I look good. This kind of thinking is how we end up with Jaylon Smith, Randy Gregory, Trystan HIll, Joudain Lewis, Taco charlton, Connor Williams, Connor mCGovern, Kelvin Joseph....... and these are just the recent ones. Imagine if these picks were actually good players.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
And a seemingly massive change. They'll be gone next season.

“I thought it was a good start for him,” coach Mike McCarthy said of rookie Micah Parsons, the first-round pick who was on the field for 51 of Dallas' 64 defensive snaps. “I think he’s beyond his years.''

Meanwhile, the "years'' of Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch may not be long around here....
Sports Illustrated: Micah's In; Are Cowboys Jaylon & Vander Esch Out?.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...as-jaylon-smith-leighton-vander-esch-news-out
We’ll keep one I believe. L v e is clearly the second best on the team after Micah.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah let’s see what happens this year. Jaylon is ok and LVE is a tackling beast. I could see dumping Jaylon to be clear of the contract if he don’t show us something.

why do you guys keep saying Jaylon is ok?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Jaylon quietly had a pretty nice game.

But I am not letting 1 week of good override 2 years of bad, and I am in no hurry to keep him when I think Cox and Neal could switch in and play at similar level.

brickman

Reaction score
Both Jaylon and LVE has medical concerns before the Cowboys drafted them. That is a solid first round pick and second round pick that was wasted. There has been others like Sean Lee. I was hoping that LVE could comeback cans play at the level that he played at as a rookie. I have given up hope for Jaylon.

Jerry always wants to prove he’s smarter than everybody else.