Twitter: Michael Bennett retiring

Aven8

Reaction score
Hated the dude as a rival, but he played really well for us last year considering his age.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I believe he was thinking about this prior to trading for him...that’s why we shortened his deal.

Makes no sense. You know guys can retire regardless, right?

We shortened his deal because he wasn't choosing who he played for and that was his condition for a trade

dckid

Reaction score

Probably a smart move by him. I think he was dominant for a 2-3 year span. Solid player. He was a rah rah guy and could back it up.
Once you cant back it up, no one listens. Players/ co workers are not stupid.
His toughness and grit in his prime are what we lack as a team. Imagine if we had a Charles Haley type right now?

robjay04

Reaction score
Makes no sense. You know guys can retire regardless, right?

We shortened his deal because he wasn't choosing who he played for and that was his condition for a trade

It wasn’t a condition of the trade, it was a sign of good will by the Cowboys, the restructure happened days after the trade was finalized. Regarding retirement, I am only reporting what I read at the time.

He did end up retiring so it’s not like his only intention on shortening the contract was to get a new deal in. 2020.

Londonboy

Reaction score
SHY-shy-people-8588240-421-504.jpg

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out why anyone would bother starting a thread on a player barely ever a Cowboy. Slow news cycle?

Londonboy

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out why anyone would bother starting a thread on a player barely ever a Cowboy. Slow news cycle?
I'm trying to work out why anyone would go to the trouble of writing a comment on a thread they consider a waste of time.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
So SportsCenter shows a photo of him retiring in an Eagles uniform. However, if he was in some sort of trouble, they would have said ex-Coboys player and showed him in a Cowboys uniform. :muttley:

The fact is...that is really true!

They mentioned that he won a Super Bowl in the past 11 years and didn't wanna confuse readers by seeing a Cowboys jersey.