News: Michael Downs suffering from brain condition

Mannix

Reaction score
Just think of what could be done for Michael with even a 1/4 of all Boogers Cover up money....makes me livid!!! Prayers up indeed.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The article said a direct result. Sad to see Tony Dorsett try to make compete sentences.
Yes, it is very sad to see folks suffering like this.
It's my hope that they can come up with some better tech for helmets and other protective gear for the players.

quickccc

Reaction score
Oh man, that dude was a player who doesn't get the recognition he deserves b/c he played during an era when the cowboys were transitioning from the 70's glitz and glam to hard times. He was a great hitter.

The young fans probably can't comprehend an era when anything short of the super bowl was a bad year.

I remember Mike Downs as one of the INT ball hawks of the memorable 1981 rookie class.
Came in with fellow undrafted rookie Everson Walls.

i recall te news that Tom Landry, as he loves to mad scientist do with safeties, moved him to CB his rookie year, before he mercifully returned Downs to FS.
Downs actually was 2nd team All pro one year in 1984.

Sadly this seems like another story of CTE issues and concerns NFL ex-players are going through.
Painful to hear. i hope to hear Mike makes it through this.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I wonder from what? Lot of weird stuff happening past year and half

terra

Reaction score
Very sad to hear. Downs and Walls were quite the pair as UDFAs in the secondary. Much like Jayron Kearse, Downs was a tall safety himself at 6'3".
Their height is about the only thing they have in common right now. Kearse has got a LOT of wood to chop to match Downs.