Michael Gallup Appreciation Thread

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Perhaps the most underrated Cowboy, in my opinion.

This guy had a rough season and tragedy with his brother's death, which make it understandable why he only caught seven passes in his first six games.

But as the season went on, and he kept at it in spite of dealing with tragedy., he really progressed as a player.

His 76 yards was pretty key in the Saints win.

From that game on, he was really a big part of the reason Dallas was winning.

And, of course, give credit to Cooper for taking pressure off of Gallup, at times, but Gallup has gotten to the point where you can rely on him to beat his man 1-on-1.

I honestly think he'll be a 1,000 yard receiver some day... He had 1,418 yards at Colorado State his senior year, and 1,287 his junior year.

His 119 yards in the Rams game was enough on his part to win it, had everyone else played at his level and shows he can have the kind of games a 1,000 yard receiver needs to have.

He's only going to get better in the pros, too.

Another round of kudos for Will McClay.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Loved watching him "come on" in the 2nd half of the season and having him on the other side of Cooper going forward. He's only going to grow as a wr in the next 2 years.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love the player. Him and Cooper going forward is a nice 1-2. If Gallup and Dak can start connecting on those deep routes his numbers will sky rocket.

I think they will. This is a very good situation going forward.
Gallup will be in his 2nd year, and will go into the off season knowing what to expect. They will know what needs to be worked on.
Also add the Cooper effect. He will go though the off season with them as well. So all 3 will get time to work on a lot of different things. This will be a huge factor with all 3 on the same page.
Then how in how Jarwin was starting to come on also. They all need to work together on build upon that.