Michael Gallup Aprreciation Thread

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gallup came up with some nice plays and a few huge plays last night. With a key 1st down, the TD, and the fantastic diving catch.
Give him some props when due instead of bashing him.

Challenge, can the fans do it?

I still think Gallup is a viable asset for the team. Contract is a different situation. Be concerned about that in the off season.
He still brings some valuable experience, and can go get the ball, and make contested catches.

Those plays can go a long way with how team prepare to play us. Therefore opening up other plays for other players.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Gallup came up with some nice plays and a few huge plays last night. With a key 1st down, the TD, and the fantastic diving catch.

I still think Gallup is a viable asset for the team. Contract is a different situation. Be concerned about that in the off season.
He still brings some valuable experience, and can go get the ball, and make contested catches.

Those plays can go a long way with how team prepare to play us. Therefore opening up other plays for other players.
It looks like he is more confident. Let’s see what happens in the final 4 games.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Yes he didn't have any kind of like exceptional night but the hate on here people want to get rid of him like bench him or cut him in the middle of the season like for tolbert or brooks it's nuts he still has something to add... He's the number three wr at times he's the number four target to cooks, Lamb and Furgy heck sometimes 5th. Here two games before the bye week I believe that were really good he has a good catch every now and again and last night he made some good plays I mean that big one over the top pretty much sealed the game late I mean everyone thought they were gonna run the football eat some clock and when they hit that play over the top and he caught that ball and traffic kept himself inbounds... That's a nice game where he contributed that's all we need from that guy right now...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

He didn’t a great job. It’s funny this forum calls guys out and they all played well yesterday. Good for Gallup. He ain’t finished yet.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It looks like he is more confident. Let’s see what happens in the final 4 games.
Let's see what what exactly are you looking for you don't make the decisions about the roster some of you are just really weird Oh well he needs to prove something to me no he is the #3 and sometimes the number four target that's all he's asked to do right now I'm betting if he was in Cook's slot or even lamb like if he had to come in and be the top guy he might not light up the friendly skies but more targets equals more catches equals more comfort we're not asking the guy to be a Major League contributor he is doing just fine he has nothing to prove to anyone the coaches have kept him in there over tolbert and over brooks some fans don't like it they keep trying to get him cut get him benched and if he comes through when he needs to...

I'd rather have Michael Gallup a veteran as the next targets after the obvious lamb cooks Ferguson etcetera then some rookie second year players in brooks and tolbert that's a fact everybody here is trying to bury Michael Gallup and the coaches say differently they're gonna keep the guy in because he's a veteran...
He has nothing to prove he's not trying to be the number two he's not trying to work his way to the number one target on our offense he is just what he is... Here's a good analogy he's doing a lot more than Ty Hilton did at the end of last year and everyone was so like overly excited about 5 plays Ty helped me last year he's in that role now Michael Gallup is that and he's doing more than that...

Mr_437

Reaction score
Gallup made a crazy catch, it might be what he needs to get going.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He was one of my favorite players a couple years ago so I’m happy when he succeeds. Unfortunately it’s probably too little, too late for him. He’s getting released after the season unless he takes a big pay cut.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Let's see what what exactly are you looking for you don't make the decisions about the roster some of you are just really weird Oh well he needs to prove something to me no he is the #3 and sometimes the number four target that's all he's asked to do right now I'm betting if he was in Cook's slot or even lamb like if he had to come in and be the top guy he might not light up the friendly skies but more targets equals more catches equals more comfort we're not asking the guy to be a Major League contributor he is doing just fine he has nothing to prove to anyone the coaches have kept him in there over tolbert and over brooks some fans don't like it they keep trying to get him cut get him benched and if he comes through when he needs to...

I'd rather have Michael Gallup a veteran as the next targets after the obvious lamb cooks Ferguson etcetera then some rookie second year players in brooks and tolbert that's a fact everybody here is trying to bury Michael Gallup and the coaches say differently they're gonna keep the guy in because he's a veteran...
He has nothing to prove he's not trying to be the number two he's not trying to work his way to the number one target on our offense he is just what he is... Here's a good analogy he's doing a lot more than Ty Hilton did at the end of last year and everyone was so like overly excited about 5 plays Ty helped me last year he's in that role now Michael Gallup is that and he's doing more than that...
My point is Gallup played well this game but let’s see what happens the rest of the way. That deep catch in 4th quarter gives me hope.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Seems like the lack of targets affects his focus/readiness when the ball finally goes his way. He'll have to fix that because Lamb and Ferguson are Dak's first choices,,, probably Cooks too.
Dak will throw it to anybody but it’s money time and Dak trusts Lamb, Cooks, Ferguson, Pollard, and Gallup.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

There's already a thread on this, I made one yesterday, nobody believed ole coog though!! I bet you will now!!! lol

Mark

Reaction score
Gallup is slowly sliding back in. Just needs more time
As with a few other players on this team, some thought by the coaching staff is being given as to how to most effectively utilize him, irrespective of past roles.

silvernblu

Reaction score
I don’t like going to him short routes or on come backers. He seems to not be able to create separation in short routes or somehow doesn’t go get the ball.

Send him deep to stretch field and force a choice for the safety.