Video: Michael Gallup Game Footage

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Great balance, body control, and hand-eye coordination. Plays through contact well. Physical release and will use push pull techniques to counter press coverage like a DL. Sharp routes and thinks ahead using success on previous plays to fake DBs on subsequent routes. Plucks ball and high points. Solid hands. Physical runner that runs through arm tackles. Blocks well getting hands inside and sustaining. Frustrates DBs.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Having watched all the videos, here's what I notice:

He's the main attack of that offense. There's no balance, so he ends up having the other team's best defender put on him. In a pro offense with 2 to 3 other legitimate receiving threats, he'll looke way better than he does here playing in this limited attack.

Also noticed the CSU QB was not very good with his timing in throwing the football. Several times he holds it too long and makes it obvious where he's going with it.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Hmm. After watching those tapes I am not impressed. His run blocking sucks. Also I saw a lot of loafing which I HATE. Some of his routes were lazy and ronded off.

Man, he doesn't look very sharp to me. I hope he works harder now than what I saw from those games.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Having watched all the videos, here's what I notice:

He's the main attack of that offense. There's no balance, so he ends up having the other team's best defender put on him. In a pro offense with 2 to 3 other legitimate receiving threats, he'll looke way better than he does here playing in this limited attack.

Also noticed the CSU QB was not very good with his timing in throwing the football. Several times he holds it too long and makes it obvious where he's going with it.

His QB was awful. He made Dak look like Brees on those deep balls.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
wonder if he'll choose the newly available #84...I still need someone to erase Patrick Crayton from being the first person I think of in that number lol

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Hmm. After watching those tapes I am not impressed. His run blocking sucks. Also I saw a lot of loafing which I HATE. Some of his routes were lazy and ronded off.

Man, he doesn't look very sharp to me. I hope he works harder now than what I saw from those games.
Are you trying to insinuate that he's a Dez clone?

BaybeeJay

Reaction score
Great story regarding his development. Had to go to junior college, got injured. High school coach hooked him up, and he made the most of his only shot in DI. That’s a “Garrett Guy” kind of story.

Verdict

Reaction score
He is obviously the focal point of the CS offense. He's better than Williams. He's more athletic than Williams. He's more fluid.

He doesn't appear to be a very good blocker in those clips. He's about what you would expect from a 3rd round pick. With a good QB he might look a lot better.

CapnB

Reaction score
love the fact he catches the ball so effortlessly with his hands. And its every catch. I have a good feeling about him and he will be a big star while wearing the star for the next several years.