Michael Gallup is "getting his feet under him"

jay94

Reaction score
A healthy Gallup is one of the best #2 receivers in football

and the tough/miracle sideline catches are his staple

Just no. He was never a number 2 and when asked he failed miserably. His catch to target rate I believe is 55% which is rather low. He's a number 3 at best and he should do well being the no 3 receiver again. He can't handle no 2 roll, he was the 3RD worst separator in the league last year.

T-RO

Reaction score
He can't handle no 2 roll, he was the 3RD worst separator in the league last year.
Good point, but not all receivers win through separation.

I've got mixed feelings on Gallup's future. Will delay saying more until I think about it some more.

Jipper

Reaction score
Yeah the national media is pumping the Ravens offense up with OBJ, Flowers, and Bateman. I think our trio is miles better and Dak is a better passer then Lamar.
1000%....kinds feels like the dream team crap from Philly a few years back

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I thought he was ahead of schedule and was going to be on the same page with Dak and be a major contributor week 4 last year?

That's what I was told. And was dogged on this site for stating otherwise.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It must have been a really devastating ACL. I mean they all are but how fast they tried to push him back and how he looked, certainly makes me wonder about the Cowboys medical people. Not a good look IMO.
Well there's just a difference between being healthy enough to play and being fully strong and confident on the strength of the knee. It doesn't mean the medical staff was wrong to clear him or anything.

JBS

Reaction score
I’ll go on record as stating that it’ll be more shocking if Gallup isn’t back to his old self than if he is.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It must have been a really devastating ACL. I mean they all are but how fast they tried to push him back and how he looked, certainly makes me wonder about the Cowboys medical people. Not a good look IMO.
I don't think it was a medical issue. It was simply that he was coming back from a serious injury to his lower body. That affects you in a lot of ways. The previous year, Dak both strained his throwing shoulder and his right calf coming off his broken ankle. Neither of them was caused directly by his ankle injury but indirectly were the result of it. Flexibility, trust, etc., have to be reestablished after a serious injury and sometimes it just takes time. There are some players like Terrell Owens who could seemingly hop in a hyperbaric chamber after a devastating injury and return the next day ready to play and there are some who just need more time to get there even when the injury is fully healed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m a Gallup fan but it’s been a few years now. He’s lived off of that 1k season for awhile now. I think when we talk about him we reference that season but if you see his whole body of work he’s produced like a number 3. I don’t know what Gallup is. He shows flashes of brilliance at times. Sometimes he shows he’s unfocused or not able to get separation.