Video: Michael Gallup post game

blueblood70

Reaction score
not a surprise to me, he came on last year and finished STRONG.. his PS extended that and now in a real game further cemented that hes arrived and we now have a true 1A -1B duo..pick your poison..

the defense will PAY for trying to shade the safetys down to stop EE, they will have to take into account that our WR core on whole can get downfield and hard to stop 1on 1..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I still don't know what his actual ceiling as a player is.

It will be capped some because of all of the other weapons on this team but i'd like to know what he would look like if he were another teams #1 receiver.

silvernblu

Reaction score

It will be capped some because of all of the other weapons on this team but i'd like to know what he would look like if he were another teams #1 receiver.

Actually, I disagree. He will succeed a lot more when he’s not constantly double teamed as he would be if he were another teams number one.

Remember when Alvin Harper became another teams number one? Irvin made Alvin Harper.

I think Gallup is better than Harper. But my point is about another WR taking the attention frees him up for better stats not worse.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing you see no hesitation with Dak, he makes his read and he rips it. Kitna talked about this early on of having Dak make your read then let it go

Dak did have great protection, but I agree the decisions seemed to be quicker and more confident. One of the things I've read that Kitna has been preaching to Dak is to be confident in his reads and just let the ball rip.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak did have great protection, but I agree the decisions seemed to be quicker and more confident. One of the things I've read that Kitna has been preaching to Dak is to be confident in his reads and just let the ball rip.

I agree. Even when NY blitzed Dak was finding his man quick and getting the ball out.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
He made a great point that all 3 starting WRs can play inside or outside. Add in Austin in the slot with Cobb and Zeke and or Pollard that can catch and Jarwin with seam routes. The skill positions are legit threats on all 3 levels.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Alvin Harper Syndrome? You might get to see that when he's up. They tried to turn a 2 into an 1 with Hurns last season.

I got a feeling Gallup is going to be an expensive #2 to keep and with the way #1 money is climbing, hard to keep him. They could let Cooper play through this contract and consider moving Gallup to #1, if they have someone that can step into that #2.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I’m already wondering which WR we should give the long term deal to if we can’t sign both. Gallup could be as good a player as Cooper by the end of this season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Alvin Harper Syndrome? You might get to see that when he's up. They tried to turn a 2 into an 1 with Hurns last season.

I got a feeling Gallup is going to be an expensive #2 to keep and with the way #1 money is climbing, hard to keep him. They could let Cooper play through this contract and consider moving Gallup to #1, if they have someone that can step into that #2.

I disagree about Harper comparisons..

Gallup has a good all around game. Harper was a 1 trick pony.

A better comparison for Gallup might be Pierre Garcon. He played with Reggie Wayne and Peyton Manning.. A lot of people thought he was overrated because he was a #2 WR with Manning throwing him the ball. Turns out he was just really good.

Gallup has an all around game as a WR and i'm not sure if he could carry an offense or not as the #1 guy but I wouldn't bet against it.

RamziD

Reaction score

I mean, he’s 1B for us

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
isn't it refreshing to finally see young WR stud talent carry themselves and present themselves as true talented professionals...
much more than TW could have ever imagined himself doing while riding down the street intoxicated and wrecking on his poor little over priced scooter..
and just keeping it real,, we are so deep at WR, Devin Smith is invited to the dance, but hasn't even been asked to show his moves yet,, much less a call to the bench for Ced .. dangity.
I like that Dak has so many options,, that's what gives confidence and enables a franchise caliber QB to be everything he can be, and Dak is doing it without overpaying for an AB.
Brady can have him,, we don't even need him, maybe the next AB "talent wise", is already on this team, right now and we don't even know it ….yet.

Last edited: