Video: Michael Gallup post game

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I still don't know what his actual ceiling as a player is.

It will be capped some because of all of the other weapons on this team but i'd like to know what he would look like if he were another teams #1 receiver.

Why would you want that? Traitor!

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak did have great protection, but I agree the decisions seemed to be quicker and more confident. One of the things I've read that Kitna has been preaching to Dak is to be confident in his reads and just let the ball rip.

His time to throw was down from 2.84 seconds the past three years to 2.53 yesterday. Doesn't seem like much but that takes him from bottom ten to top ten in the NFL. He keeps that up and it opens a whole world of things.

He was impressive.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
This kid is a beast, and our WR corp are all around great players. It is nice to have a WR group of players who are not divas like AB and still perform at a high level.

Scotman

Reaction score
I disagree about Harper comparisons..

Gallup has a good all around game. Harper was a 1 trick pony.

A better comparison for Gallup might be Pierre Garcon. He played with Reggie Wayne and Peyton Manning.. A lot of people thought he was overrated because he was a #2 WR with Manning throwing him the ball. Turns out he was just really good.

Gallup has an all around game as a WR and i'm not sure if he could carry an offense or not as the #1 guy but I wouldn't bet against it.
My feelings exactly.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Gallup is really growing up, he makes plays and is good after the catch, love the kid!

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I absolutely love this guy.

Aside from sheer talent...do we have the least DIVA group of WR's in the NFL?

He is such a nice young man. He and Cooper are a breath of fresh air from all the divas and knuckleheads we have had on this team through the years

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was great to watch. Lots of good stuff in there. I loved the draft pick getting him and thought he would be a player for the Cowboys for a very long time. It's going to be exciting to watch his career.

Verdict

Reaction score
I would be tempted to trade Amari at the end of this season. You would have had two really good years out of him, for a relatively inexpensive price and probably still flip him for a round 1 or 2 pick.

You could use the pick to target a receiver high in the next draft, restock the receiver position and have cheap labor at the position.