Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
T.O. Speaks And The Message Boards Erupt
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

September 7, 2005

Terrell Owens spoke his piece with ESPN's Michael Irvin ... and the world of Eagles fans reacted. Immediately. This is the nature of the sports fan these days. Nothing is out of reach. Feedback is automatic and relentless and interactive.

What I'm trying to describe is the world of the Discussion Boards on this web site. I happened to miss the Owens interview the first time around. No problem.

I went straight to the boards for the scoop, and was in the least bit disappointed...

Between the time of 10:41 p.m. Tuesday and 9:52 a.m. Wednesday, there were 167 replies to the original thread and more than 4,100 views on that single thread. Not to get too laborious here, but this is a sample of the fans' reaction to the Owens interview, presented in a (relatively) unedited fashion for your amusement...

Powder , 10:45 p.m.: "TO said something. The papparazzi surrounds at the first hint that a tone from his vocals may exit through his lips. The mic is in front of him, what will he say now?????????"

NAILS, 10:47 p.m.: "They have teased it for 30 minutes, but have now shown the clip. They made it sound like he was trying to make amends and possibly was willing to talk to Donovan."

Jim2K, 10:47 p.m.: "They are waiting to the end of the show so us fools that have to get up at 4:30 am stay up and watch."

Vicki, 10:58 p.m.: "He is speaking now."

not again3x, 10:59 p.m.: "I don't hate him, I love Donovan ... I was just disappointed."

omniskillz, 10:59 p.m.: "He said he's gonna talk to Donovan, he was just upset Donovan didn't do certain things, but he doesn't hate Donovan ... so let's go Eagles."

McFreakNasty, 11:01 p.m.: "Is that all he said? What brought this about? I swear the way he's acting now I am really starting to believe that they promised him they'd keep him and pay him his roster bonus next year if he just turned the act around."

eaglesrule76, 11:01 p.m.: "That is great news. This meens that TO and McNabb will probably make up and we will see Reid in tights!!!

FlyEagles76, 11:01 p.m.: "That was worth the wait!! GREAT NEWS!!!"

MrBonez12, 11:01 p.m.: "Now I really believe that the Falcons are going to be destroyed. McNabb and TO will be back on the same page. Its lookin good!"

TakeMeToYourLeader, 11:05 p.m.: "That settles it. Eagles in Detroit. GO EAGLES."

FlyEagles76, 11:14 p.m.: "McNabb to TO connection is back in FULL force now baby!!!! Watch out DB's! That interview got me all pumped up. I can't even sleep now."

McNabb2Terrell, 11:15 p.m.: "This brought tears to my eyes. GOD BLESS THE EAGLES AND GOD BLESS TO."

bdawkhityou, 11:19 p.m.: "I'm not sure what Andy told him during that meeting, but it must have been the right thing. GO BIRDS."

stoop57, 11:21 p.m.: "This whole thing was planned, TO and Donovan set it all up, now they are gonna have a magical reconciliation on MNF ... coincidence ... I think not ..."

BirdBrain0586, 11:23 p.m.: "You're kidding right? I think he's fishing and I'm not taking the bait. But remember what McNabb said awhile back, 'I will forgive but I will never forget.' "

FlyEagles76, 11:24 p.m.: "Nah, dude check it out. He almost had tears in his eyes. He meant it. Plus you could tell he was just at peace about it."

QuinnWR4, 11:29 p.m.: "What more do you want? He even said he was wrong about what he said. I didn't even expect that from him. If he would have just went out and caught TDs I would have been happy. This is friggin great news!"

So you get the idea that there is an intensity on these boards that is unmatched in the cyberworld. We have nearly 88,000 registered Discussion Board members and there is something on every day. Those are the people who are, truly, the lifeline of this web site. So I thank them for their participation and their passion and their constant love for the Eagles.

Now, let's talk about what Owens said. He said he doesn't believe his issues with quarterback Donovan McNabb will last the season and, in fact, said he thinks the "spirit" will move him to patch things up with McNabb in the very near future.

"It's not that I hate Donovan," said Owens. "I love Donovan. I don't hate him at all. I was disappointed in a few things. I have the right to do that. Everyone speaks out of emotion. Everybody speaks out of frustration. Everybody's done it. That means I'm human. If you want me to go in and say I was wrong, maybe I was. Maybe I wasn't."

OK, so the saga takes another turn, a good turn. Owens has been fine since his return to the team and, of course, on the field he is absolutely dynamic.

And, yeah, it's comforting to think that there could be some resolution to this Owens-McNabb relationship prior to the Monday night game. Then again, with this team, there is always something fun to talk about. The media won't let it quiet down. There is a certain soap operaish feeling the Eagles have had since Andy Reid became the head coach. That's what happens when you are a premier team with a bunch of high-profile players in a media market that is absolutely ravenous.

And the fans? The views for the T.O. Speaks? thread is up above 4,500. The anticipation for Monday night is heavy. If you need a fix, something fun to do, a community to join, get on board and join the Discussion Boards. You won't have a better time anywhere else talking about the Eagles or, for that matter, anything at all.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
your point?

Does this change the fact that T.O. is all about T.O.? Does this make you more secure in him? Does this not sound just like something T.O. would do? T.O. said in the interview
"Oh the camera's will be on me you can believe dat"

Sounds like the same ol T.O. to me alll about him not the team.

I for one think they have already worked this out between them but T.O. still want's more money and will be a problem again this season wait and see.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
your point?

Is there supposed to be a point to everything?! There's no point here JKS269! About a month or two ago there was a lot of chatter about the McNabb/T.O. TV Soap Opera drama. Just thought some of you would be interested in the latest update regarding that issue. No point necessary :confused:

Does this change the fact that T.O. is all about T.O.?

Probably not to you -- perhaps doesn't change anything toward many Eagle fans either. What's your point?

Does this make you more secure in him? Does this not sound just like something T.O. would do?

This question is a little less intimidating. I still have some reservations of which could easily be quelled by several open field receptions that lead to touchdowns.

T.O. said in the interview "Oh the camera's will be on me you can believe dat" Sounds like the same ol T.O. to me alll about him not the team

Agreed -- that could be construed as a bit narcissistic, however he could have just been joking around

I for one think they have already worked this out between them but T.O. still want's more money and will be a problem again this season wait and see

I agree. But listen, while I wouldn't say this post was "pointless," there was no underlying message to convey or "in-your-face" attitude implied as you seemed to have indicated. Just looking for some hard discussion and passing along some Eagle updates for chatter.

Relax! The season doesn't for you until Sunday; and Monday for us.

Good hunting (except when you play the Eagles) ...now there's a "point!";)