Michael Irvin reveals his 58-year-old wife has Alzheimer's disease

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All forms of dementia are cruel and inhuman but Alzheimers is the worst. I would not wish dementia on my worst enemy.

I hope the Irvin's family receives all the emotional support it can get. Only those, who have gone through this with someone they love, understand why.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
not a laughing matter and she seems so young...to have had it since turning 50...sheesh.

This is what I mean when I say people "reduce" Michael to "The White House" and "crackhead". Most men can't even take care of their wives when she works...much less do what he's done in his lifetime.

Godspeed Irvin family...

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
not a laughing matter and she seems so young...to have had it since turning 50...sheesh.

This is what I mean when I say people "reduce" Michael to "The White House" and "crackhead". Most men can't even take care of their wives when she works...much less do what he's done in his lifetime.

Godspeed Irvin family...
Yep, she is to the point that she needs fulltime care. This isn't the start....the sad thing is at her age she could live this way for years!!!!

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am sadden to hear this from one of my favorite players. My father died from complications of this terrible disease and it is such a slow and painful death.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hope it’s a very slow progression. Caught early they have meds to slow it down. My dad has it and his dad had it.

Grandfather didn’t get affected for a long time. He lived to be 96. My dad was diagnosed early and went on meds for a long time but it progressed. He just turned 79. And I am actually sitting in the hospital now because he fell off the porch. He still knows his name and social security number. But he is getting worse.

It’s a sad disease that is worse on the people around them.

rags747

Reaction score
Yeah sad news for Michael. 58 so young and she has had it for 5 years already. I’m sure Jerry steps up to the plate Bigtime!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Awful. I’ve never heard of anyone that young having that issue, although I’ve been blessed enough to not know much about it.

Much strength to the Irvin family and also @Bobhaze and his.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I started smoking weed when I was about 30...hopefully I'll just fade into the void...forgetting that I forgot.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Man that sucks. Takes some strength to deal with that. Something just seems so wrong about losing memories with loved ones. Hate that for them. Cherish the beautiful moments you still can have. I remember when my grandmother got it….i was one of the few she would always smile and remember. Hopefully there’s some treatments they can do to slow it down some.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Awful. I’ve never heard of anyone that young having that issue, although I’ve been blessed enough to not know much about it.
A co-worker of mine retired early about 17-18 years ago. Extremely smart. Great personality. A beautiful woman, who some might have considered her a relative of Jaclyn Smith. She was diagnosed with Alzheimers at 33.

I have known or made aware of people with various forms of dementia in their 20s, 30s and 40s. Some people think of dementia or 'senility' as only an old folks' illness. It is the farthest thing from the truth.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This isn't the start....the sad thing is at her age she could live this way for years!!!!
Exactly.......she could easily live another 10-15 years. My heart goes out to the family.
My mother-in-law died of it a few years ago. The family tried so to avoid putting her in a nursing home but it finally reached a point where they had no choice. The physical and emotional demands brought the family to a near-breaking point.

slick325

Reaction score
Prayers to Irv, his wife and family. Just last week I lost my aunt who suffered from dementia. She was still in her 60s when he was diagnosed. She went downhill so rapidly. Passing only a few years after the diagnosis.