Audio: Michael Irvin says Cowboys need "Real Help"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Cowboys signed AB (God forbid) he'd immediately be suspended anyway. I'd rather this team lose without him than win with him. He's a turd...

That's right on the money. The NFL has effectively rendered Brown unemployable, or rather Brown's own actions have. But the fact that they're simply sitting back and doing nothing until some team signs him has effectively rendered him untouchable. I think the guy is finished in the NFL and it's his own fault.

Aven8

Reaction score
Hell we brought in Hardy. As soon as NE cut Brown I was like hmmmmm. I want to win. I don’t care about off the field bologna. Just win and entertain me for 4 quarters.

unfortunately, it won’t matter with JG calling the shots I’m afraid. He could have the NFC pro bowl team and he would screw it up somehow........

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The concerning part of the oline is, it isn't just the backup tackles that are failing, they are all taking turns.

Yeah, I didn't see where it was simply Fleming and Knight getting beaten again and again, the interior guys had their share of screwups too. The two Pro Bowlers aren't living up to their billing (or salary) this year either.

Last edited:

Praxit

Reaction score
......season will be lost with 2 more losses?..lol. The season was lost last week. JG is the leaf that springs from Jones family. He's a demolition man with his new age winning mentality.

Nothing will change unless the fundamentals do. We need football 101 back in Dallas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does anyone ever wonder why we can’t come up with crazy awesome game plans on defense , or take advantage of other teams weaknesses, or scheme like Greg Williams did last week? It seems like we are never on that side.

All the time...
:(

HungryLion

Reaction score
Screw Antonio Brown.

The team has their bye week after the eagles game.

The bye week should allow the tackles and Amari to get pretty healthy.

In the meantime, What the team really needs to do, is nut the hell up, and go out there and find a way to win on Sunday. Injuries or no injuries.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Does anyone ever wonder why we can’t come up with crazy awesome game plans on defense , or take advantage of other teams weaknesses, or scheme like Greg Williams did last week? It seems like we are never on that side.
Sadly never. We prefer undersized lineman that run stunts and get washed out by below average lineman. While our defensive ends “bring the hot boys heat.”

Sydla

Reaction score
Two more losses and we’d be one or two games back with 8 to play, including a head to head.

Two more losses in next two would also be two losses in division while Philly would have zero.

So it would be worse off than you think. If they are two back with 8 to go, they would need to likely have to pick up three games over that stretch. Which might be tough given the fairly easy late schedule for Philly.

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd didn't see where it was simply Fleming and Knight getting beaten again and again, the interior guys had their share of screwups too. The two Pro Bowlers aren't living up to their billing (or salary) this year either.

correcetamundo......the majority of the blitzes were Jim Johnson style......up the middle. Closest way to the QB is a straight line.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
correcetamundo......the majority of the blitzes were Jim Johnson style......up the middle. Closest way to the QB is a straight line.

I'll say it. I say a lot of things some fans can't bear to read. Frederick doesn't look like himself. He doesn't look like the powerhouse he did before his bout with Guillain Barre. Maybe it's still coming back, maybe it never will. But he's not all the way back to the player he was. And Martin isn't either. Maybe it's the current back issue, or an accumulation of injuries preventing him from being who he was before. But between the two of them, and Smith with his ongoing annual injuries, the Cowboys offensive line continues to not live up to the hype.

Some homers can try to oversimplify and blame it all on injuries, but that doesn't erase the fact that the team isn't getting the return on their huge investment.

Aven8

Reaction score
I'll say it. I say a lot of things some fans can't bear to read. Frederick doesn't look like himself. He doesn't look like the powerhouse he did before his bout with Guillain Barre. Maybe it's still coming back, maybe it never will. But he's not all the way back to the player he was. And Martin isn't either. Maybe it's the current back issue, or an accumulation of injuries preventing him from being who he was before. But between the two of them, and Smith with his ongoing annual injuries, the Cowboys offensive line continues to not live up to the hype.

Some homers can try to oversimplify and blame it all on injuries, but that doesn't erase the fact that the team isn't getting the return on their huge investment.

I will concur. They aren’t the same. And I’m not sure they ever were ALL that, but maybe for a glimpse together. However, having said that...........Plenty of teams with lesser lines make it. Name me one Olineman for NE? One for the Chiefs? Seattle? I can’t.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will concur. They aren’t the same. And I’m not sure they ever were ALL that, but maybe for a glimpse together. However, having said that...........Plenty of teams with lesser lines make it. Name me one Olineman for NE? One for the Chiefs? Seattle? I can’t.

What bothers me the most about this line isn't their seeming lack of drive power when they truly need it. As good as they are, they look like a finsees line to me that can't drive opponents off the ball when it matters most. I wonder how much drive blocking work they're actually doing? Between worrying about returns from injury and get off days and repeated back injuries, I can't help but to widener just how much drive blocking these guys are doing in practice? Maybe that's why when they need 3rd and 1 they can't seem to get it?

With everything they've invested, and the power players they have at tailback and yes, quarterback too, it's amazing to me how bad this team, with this offensive line investment, is in short yardage situations.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see anything about where the Cowboys really need help.....HC.

I love Michael Irvin, but when I see the words "real help", and needing it? Nobody needs "real help" more than Antonio Brown, a guy who has flushed his career away and likely at least $50 million in additional earnings, because he's completely lost touch with reality.

That's who needs "real help".

Aven8

Reaction score
What bothers me the most about this line isn't their seeming lack of drive power when they truly need it. As good as they are, they look like a finsees line to me that can't drive opponents off the ball when it matters most. I wonder how much drive blocking work they're actually doing? Between worrying about returns from injury and get off days and repeated back injuries, I can't help but to widener just how much drive blocking these guys are doing in practice? Maybe that's why when they need 3rd and 1 they can't seem to get it?

With everything they've invested, and the power players they have at tailback and yes, quarterback too, it's amazing to me how bad this team, with this offensive line investment, is in short yardage situations.

well who the hell is our Oline coach??? Is it Pollard? Columbo??I can’t remember? JG can’t have anyone not comfortable, or with more skins. The last techtition we had is now the interim in Washington.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well who the hell is our Oline coach??? Is it Pollard? Columbo??I can’t remember? JG can’t have anyone not comfortable, or with more skins. The last techtition we had is now the interim in Washington.

Colombo ultimately got the job, after Garrett's appointed Pollack replacement Paul Alexander screwed the whole thing up completely. The sad fact is that this team could have had Mike Solari, who then went up to Seattle and totally fixed their O-line woes.

kskboys

Reaction score
If this team was serious about contending for a SB title we would not have the current coaching staff we currently have. We would not discount the DT position or the Safety position. We would not be operating on a "We like our guys" mindset.
Simply true.