DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
michael-k-williams-obit-getty-h2021.jpg.jpg

BY ABBEY WHITE
SEPTEMBER 6, 2021 1:29PM

Michael K. Williams, best known for his role in The Wire, has passed away, a rep confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. He was 54.

“It is with deep sorrow that the family announces the passing of Emmy nominated actor Michael Kenneth Williams. They ask for your privacy while grieving this unsurmountable loss,” his long-time rep Marianna Shafran of Shafran PR confirmed with THR.

Williams was found deceased in his Brooklyn residence at approximately 2 p.m., the New York Police Department confirmed to THR. He is survived by his mother.

Read More

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
NO! I know he isn't literally Omar, but I imagine him walking into the afterlife with a shotgun and trenchcoat whistling A Hunting We Will Go.

mldardy

Reaction score
RIP, he was a great actor and will be missed. I'm still in shock.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The article does not mention a cause of death. I saw another article where a family member found his dead body surrounded by lots of drug paraphernalia.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The article does not mention a cause of death. I saw another article where a family member found his dead body surrounded by lots of drug paraphernalia.
One I read this morning mentioned a heroin overdose was suspected. He's always been open about his struggles with addiction.

He was so open and honest about his life, that was one of the first things I liked about him and he always drew my attention in everything he was in. But Omar was the first where he stole the show amidst some good actors.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
RIP
Very sad to see this...was a great actor and like most I knew him mainly as Omar from the Wire.

Hey Heaven, "Omar coming!"

yesfan

Reaction score
Omar, Chalky on Boardwalk Empire and Hap and Leonard. Such a great actor. So sad, RIP.

Creeper

Reaction score
Loved Chalky White in Boardwalk Empire. Good actor. Sad news.