News: Michael Thomas "Don't bite off more than you can chew"

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Lawrence just got 40+ pts put on the cowboys

Like the Saints were going to play nice and decide to only put up 20 points, if Cowboys players remained silent or said whatever Saints players and fans think they should say to appease to Who Dat Nation. :rolleyes::huh:

ESisback

Reaction score
DeMarcus Lawrence is probably a top 3 LDE in the league and this game is a measuring stick for our defense. I'd be worried if none of the leaders on defense were talking.

Talking is one thing, but saying what he said, without considering how the media will dramatize it, is kinda dumb. I understand passion and confidence, but...

ESisback

Reaction score
Like the Saints were going to play nice and decide to only put up 20 points, if Cowboys players remained silent or said whatever Saints players and fans think they should say to appease to Who Dat Nation. :rolleyes::huh:

Point taken, but Tank’s aggressive talk and Jerry’s Super Bowl claptrap will no doubt make this game an epic do or die event in the minds of many of the players.

The Saints probably won’t try to match the smack talk beyond the “biting off more than you can chew” remark, but I’d guess Payton will be less likely to lighten his touch on the gas pedal. A wild stab in the dark says we’ve earned an extra wrinkle or two.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Point taken, but Tank’s aggressive talk and Jerry’s Super Bowl claptrap will no doubt make this game an epic do or die event in the minds of many of the players.

The Saints probably won’t try to match the smack talk beyond the “biting off more than you can chew” remark, but I’d guess Payton will be less likely to lighten his touch on the gas pedal. A wild stab in the dark says we’ve earned an extra wrinkle or two.

I don't think it's really trash talk or disrespecting the Saints, like some are making it seem like. They're blowing these comments made by Dak and D Law out of portion. Saying the Saints are trash, that the Saints suck, or guaranteeing a win over them is smack talk IMO. D Law complimented the Saints and just stated what's needed to beat them. Teams do have to come out and "punch" a team like the Saints in the mouth if there's any chance for the Saints to be defeated.

Those saying that this is going to get 50 points put on the Cowboys makes no sense, like Payton and the Saints will lay off the dogs on purpose, as long as the Cowboys remained silent or called the Saints the best team ever and declare how the Cowboys don't stand a chance against them.

If the Saints are going to win by multiple TDs and put up 40, they're going to do that regardless of what comments Cowboys players make. Anyone acting like the Saints are going to gameplan to score less points, if their opponent says nice things or tells them what they want to hear, is being silly.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I don't think it's really trash talk or disrespecting the Saints, like some are making it seem like. They're blowing these comments made by Dak and D Law out of portion. Saying the Saints are trash, that the Saints suck, or guaranteeing a win over them is smack talk IMO. D Law complimented the Saints and just stated what's needed to beat them. Teams do have to come out and "punch" a team like the Saints in the mouth if there's any chance for the Saints to be defeated.

Those saying that this is going to get 50 points put on the Cowboys makes no sense, like Payton and the Saints will lay off the dogs on purpose, as long as the Cowboys remained silent or called the Saints the best team ever and declare how the Cowboys don't stand a chance against them.

If the Saints are going to win by multiple TDs and put up 40, they're going to do that regardless of what comments Cowboys players make. Anyone acting like the Saints are going to gameplan to score less points, if their opponent says nice things or tells them what they want to hear, is being silly.

Payton hates the Cowboys, he's going to run up the score regardless of anything we say or do before the game.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Cowboys beat the stumbling Eagles, the anemic Falcons and the second-string-quarterback Commanders and they're now talking smack. :lmao:

ESisback

Reaction score

It might not offend you or me, but I’d bet the farm that several ultrasensitive veterans of the neighborhood ghetto wars are triggered in SOME way by phrases like “choke you out”. The media is ratcheting up the drama, and this game will have a HUGE audience. Players know this, and it’s only human nature to want to embarrass America’s Team with everyone watching.

The Saints aren’t angrily motivated THAT much, but we aren’t gonna fly in “under the radar” either.

JRFootball

Reaction score
When the game is over the saints will hold an L and byron will still be unscored on.

I look forward to seeing Thomas running around the field for 4 quarters with a blanket on him.
Blanket????? Cowboys cannot double team anyone....try it and see what happens.... Saints have too many weapons and so many different schemes that defenses are confused...what happens when two Quarterbacks break out of the huddle...Payton and Brees will be prepared. With that said I expect the Cowboys to really be up for this game....edge goes to Saints but expect a close game

ESisback

Reaction score
The Cowboys beat the stumbling Eagles, the anemic Falcons and the second-string-quarterback Commanders and they're now talking smack. :lmao:

Yeah, everyone that beats Dallas is good. Everyone that Dallas beats is terrible. Good analysis!

Actually, I think this illustrates the psyche of today’s player. One good result inspires extreme overconfidence. They get cocky and expect “props” for simply doing the job they’re overpaid for. How many times have we seen elaborate, look-at-me antics after one tackle?

JRFootball

Reaction score
I am not sure why our guys are opening their mouths with tough talk. You are not at that level yet to trash talk, you didn't do anything yet, you never won a playoff game even. It's exactly like J Ramsey yapping all the time while his team (including him) are having their ykw handed to them.

The whole world is picking the saints for a blowout, and one feels our guys are getting motivated and ready to shock the world. And you poke them?

I predicted 37-20 NO win. Now I truly believe it is going to be 52-16

:cool:
Saints fans I know are NOT predicting a blowout....Dallas is motivated...they need this win...expect a close game. Saint will eek out a win but no blowout.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I never understood fans fearing another team. All of these men are paid professionals; if the Cowboys are taking the Saints lightly, it will be devastating. If the Saints take the Cowboys lightly, likewise. It does not matter to me if every Cowboy player had something to say about the New Orleans Saints. The game is played on the field, and I fear no retribution. I do not believe a win or loss results from a fan base talking smack. Many speak of the overestimation of some Cowboy fans, but never speak on the incessant doom and gloom of others.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Blanket????? Cowboys cannot double team anyone....try it and see what happens.... Saints have too many weapons and so many different schemes that defenses are confused...what happens when two Quarterbacks break out of the huddle...Payton and Brees will be prepared. With that said I expect the Cowboys to really be up for this game....edge goes to Saints but expect a close game

You are a saints fan with 6 post and a new account.

SCRAM

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yeah, everyone that beats Dallas is good. Everyone that Dallas beats is terrible. Good analysis!
As Bill Parcells used to say, "You are what your record says you are."
And it DOES make a difference when your starting quarterback doesn't play.

Actually, I think this illustrates the psyche of today’s player. One good result inspires extreme overconfidence. They get cocky and expect “props” for simply doing the job they’re overpaid for. How many times have we seen elaborate, look-at-me antics after one tackle?
The best celebration is the one at the end of the very last game. :)