Michael Wilbon proclaims the Giants best team in the NFC *Merge*

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1754221 said:
All this talk about the Giants defnese and how it's improved since the beginning of the season and they're so different from week one makes me wonder.

Does that mean their offense has gotten a lot worse since then?

they're not averaging 35 points a game ;)

I don't know why Wilbon couldn't have been smarter about his comments, it doesn't matter to me if he thinks the GIants are better, what gets me is he makes a stupid proclamation such as the Giants are the class of the NFC, when they have a game coming up soon against the Cowboys

he could have just worded his opinion differently, such as, "when it's all said and done, I think the Giants will be sitting atop the NFC"

I'd still call him an idiot though lol

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;1754274 said:
The Saints, I think, will wind up going to the Super Bowl...My preseason pick of New Orleans is looking better and better now that the Saints have won four straight.

they're only the 5th/6th best team in the NFC right now, not to mention they haven't beaten anyone of import

yeah, looking real good, Wilber

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
My only guess is because how the Dallas defense has played compared to the Giantsz. That has to be the only reason he feels the Giants are the Class of the NFC. But Dallas last Defensive Performance was a step in the right Direction.l

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TheCount;1754177 said:
He also said he wasn't sure if the Giants weren't "as good as, if not better than, the Cowboys". He also said the Giants are fundamentally different than they were at the first game.

So I guess we're the same team we were week 1, and the Giants have just grown exponentially since then.

Don't even bother watching the game guys, we don't have a shot against these juggernauts.

Meh... Cowboys hate mixed with having to choose between which rival he hates more... Giants or Cowboys... so he goes with obvious choice... the Cowboys.

A Giants win keep the Skins closer. Truck Him!

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1754322 said:
they're only the 5th/6th best team in the NFC right now, not to mention they haven't beaten anyone of import

yeah, looking real good, Wilber

They pounded a pretty darn good AFC opponent(Jax) last weekend.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1754188 said:
Why do people get so riled up about this stuff?

He's on a show based around point/counter point and arguing. The format is not very good when everyone has the same opinions.

That's what I've always wondered. I couldn't care less what any media person/analysist think. It means nothing.

Just like polls.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
TheCount;1754177 said:
He also said he wasn't sure if the Giants weren't "as good as, if not better than, the Cowboys". He also said the Giants are fundamentally different than they were at the first game.

So I guess we're the same team we were week 1, and the Giants have just grown exponentially since then.

Don't even bother watching the game guys, we don't have a shot against these juggernauts.
He is one of two reasons i watch MNF with the volume at ZERO

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bigbadroy;1754185 said:
wilbon was asked if the cowboys win this game, is the division going to the boys. his answer was "no cause they still have to play the skins twice":lmao2:

That's because WilBONE head is a skins fan and an idiot.

JPostSam

Reaction score
wilbon is a jerk. it's not just because he hates the cowboys, but because he is pretty much an idiot. wilbon makes kornheiser -- who can be annoying but is usually entertaining and usually has something interesting to say -- look like a genius.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Sarge;1754280 said:
That is a DAMN good question.

Who the frig cares?

:hammer:

I watch so little of BSPN I don't even know who this Wilbon clown is.

I only watch BSPN if the cowboys are playing on MNF, or to sometimes see what BP has to see on countdown, but only if he's talking about the cowboys. OTher then that, I simply don't watch it.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
jazzcat22;1754925 said:
That's because WilBONE head is a skins fan and an idiot.

He's not a skins fan, he's a bears fan. Unlike most Dallas sports writers, however, he chooses to gloss over the skins to appease the local fans. Either way, his dislike of the Cowboys is pretty obvious. He's not on the level of Bayless, but he usually takes the critical side when discussing us.

Besides that....who cares?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
BoysRule2;1754877 said:
They pounded a pretty darn good AFC opponent(Jax) last weekend.

Who did? Neither the Giants nor the Commanders played Jacksonville. If you're talking about the Saints, yeah, the Saints played well against Jax, but I happen to feel Jax is highly overrated. Not to mention they were facing them without their starting QB, on a team that doesn't have much of a passing game to begin with, so once they got down and HAD to pass, they were already fighting an uphill battle.

The fact that Quinn Gray (Who?) threw for over 350 yards (While completing 60% of his passes) against them means nothing? For Wilbon to say our team sucks because we don't have an "Elite Defense" and then proclaim the Saints as being Superbowl bound is ridiculous.

tomson75;1755030 said:
Besides that....who cares?

It's something to help us get more excited for the game, it doesn't mean anything, but having a common enemy is always fun.