Audio: Mickey and Shan got into it on the radio today

lopey

Reaction score
LOL. Says you. Get off your pompous high horse. Everyone percieves their own reality.
It's not pompous. Every team does it, why would the Cowboys not do it. Garrett thinks he is above using every available option. This is why he sucks as a coach, very narrow minded.

cern

Reaction score
some triangles are obtuse. some people are obtuse. to deny the usefulness of information directly relevant to what you are doing, be it football or business, is just being obtuse. the stuff of 401k's and checking accounts.

HungryLion

Reaction score
some triangles are obtuse. some people are obtuse. to deny the usefulness of information directly relevant to what you are doing, be it football or business, is just being obtuse. the stuff of 401k's and checking accounts.

Succinct and well stated.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Will be a good day when Mickey is no longer a voice/analyst for cowboys news

Ive always hated listening to his very propaganda like takes... and when fans call in sounds like its beneath him to respond

Shinaoi

Reaction score
@JoeKing youre 52??? As much as you go in about older generations vs younger generations and how long you’ve been around I thought you were like 80.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
@JoeKing youre 52??? As much as you go in about older generations vs younger generations and how long you’ve been around I thought you were like 80.
I didn't say I was 52. But even if I had, why is that not old enough for you, for me to go on about older generations vs younger generations? I have been around. I've been to Europe, the Middle East, South America, Central America, all over North America. I've seen everything I care to see. Shan is in a younger generation than me and certainly younger than Mickey. Shan has no respect for that fact just as I suspect you do not either.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Upon arriving at Dallas Cowboys Park, we discover a grizzly site of Jerry Jones, Mickey Spagnola, Rod Marinelli, and all the other dying dinosaurs at Dallas Cowboys Park.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
It's not pompous. Every team does it, why would the Cowboys not do it. Garrett thinks he is above using every available option. This is why he sucks as a coach, very narrow minded.

Again, everyone percieves their own reality. We aren't clones being programmed to do what everyone else says we have to be.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
May be swimming up stream,but I’m not at all seeing how Mickey is the jerk in this one. I think those hosts were rude and insulting. They use a stupid Dez tweet like it’s a big topic? What utter garbage...then tee off after he’s on air?

Blitzen

Reaction score
I thought the exchange was hilariously awkward. No one that actually has the ability to be harshly critical of this team can enjoy Mickey much. He is complete good cop. His job is to spray sunshine, even on piles of dookie if the team is not performing well (or to distract with something non sequitur).

Shan has a show to do, which means sometimes doing bits that are concerned with something critical that interests Cowboys fans. After another loss to a team with a winning record, they brought up a couple of topics that Mickey had no interest in discussing. Likely because there was no way he could argue a winning point, and he did not feel like he could positively spin any of the material. And it upset him, that they would base his segment on that instead of something that was more like a softball segment (which is what he mainly gets considering all the control the Cowboys media enjoy as far as fan interaction).

My big problem with it was Mickey's tone of voice and choice of words. Shan and the show must do what they can to interest the broadest segments of fans. He needs to figure out a way to just dodge around giving a real answer if he feels uncomfortable discussing. They bring him in for segments to try to give the audience the illusion that the Cowboys inner circle are speaking to them. Anybody defending the guy for his unprofessional reaction to Shan, isn't really interested in being critical of the Cowboys (ever). It's cool, there are plenty of people not interested in introspection. Sometimes the mirror is uglier than you can handle.

CWR

Reaction score

I read a few pages about Romo playing in their flag football game with media guys, equipment managers, ect. He wasn't supposed to be playing and it was so early on no one really recognized him. He walked over to the huddle and they were like hey guys, Tony is gonna play today but dont call him Tony because hes not supposed to play. Just call him "T." Then Romo processed to fling the ball all over the field and light up the other team. Lol, of course he did. It cracks me up though to think the guy loved playing so much he was breaking the rules to play flag football with the equipment managers. I'll have to read the whole book some day.