Mickey: Barbers calf was the reason he didnt play.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Mickey just said that on friday barbers calf was in bad shape from compensating for his toe while running all week.

the trainers on saturday morning saw him limping and looked at his calf and thought he could do more serious damage to his calf and that is why he didnt play.

the trainers told him No on saturday because of his calf, not his toe.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
theebs;2473172 said:
Mickey just said that on friday barbers calf was in bad shape from compensating for his toe while running all week.

the trainers on saturday morning saw him limping and looked at his calf and thought he could do more serious damage to his calf and that is why he didnt play.

the trainers told him No on saturday because of his calf, not his toe.

Someone needs to inform Jerry Jones because he's publicly questioned Barber's toughness and believes he could have gone. It is nice to see there is good communication.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Alexander;2473178 said:
Someone needs to inform Jerry Jones because he's publicly questioned Barber's toughness and believes he could have gone. It is nice to see there is good communication.

it really is amazing isnt it. I mean if mickey knows that why does jerry not?

ethiostar

Reaction score
Alexander;2473178 said:

That's what i was thinking. It almost sounded like Jerry was calling him out.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then why did Choice say that Barber told him on MONDAY that he would not be playing Sunday? Was MB3 using psychology on the rookie to get him ready just in case? Or did the media misquote Choice to get something started?

I hope the calf/toe doesn't become something that lingers. We need both Barber and Choice.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2473201 said:
Then why did Choice say that Barber told him on MONDAY that he would not be playing Sunday? Was MB3 using psychology on the rookie to get him ready just in case? Or did the media misquote Choice to get something started?

I hope the calf/toe doesn't become something that lingers. We need both Barber and Choice.

that is a good question.

I am just relaying what mickey said so i have no idea!!

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Jerry's really outdone himself with the foot-in-mouth routine this year.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2473214 said:
Jerry's really outdone himself with the foot-in-mouth routine this year.

well he did say this would be the most exciting season in cowboys history!!!!

and dont worry jerry will double talk his way out of what he said tomorrow with the musers.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Did Mickey say if this is something that could affect him for Sun.?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
DCBoysfan;2473221 said:
Did Mickey say if this is something that could affect him for Sun.?

no he didnt say.

Laufenberg speculated yesterday that he didnt think barber would be ready for the giants.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
If a guy can't even make the plane ride to the game, I suspect he's still a few weeks away from playing.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
The Keystone Kops routine with injuries on this team this year is maddening.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Where did the Boys get these trainers from? They seem to do more damage every week.

"Barber, your toe hurts, go run 80 laps and let me know how you feel."

Air Force One

Reaction score
Man I had this happen to me last year. I simply sprained a toe and my limping and compensating caused my entire leg below the knee to become so sore I could hardly walk.

The doctor ordered me to stop walking on it for a month! Luckily my finances enabled me to take off a couple months where I only walked to the bathroom, etc.. This was after 15 injection that didn't do the trick.

If it's like mine was, the only way to fix it is to stop walking until the toe doesn't hurt so bad that you have to compensate. If I'd been an NFL player last year I'd have missed most of the season due to a stupid sore toe. The resulting pain in my entire leg from compensating dwarfed the original pain of the toe.

Aven8

Reaction score
Isn't this the Felix Jones bit???? Come in with a hammy....leave with a season ending injury????

Man we need one voice at HC!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised at all if it went from dislocated toe to torn calf and done for the year, this has been that kind of year.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2473201 said:

I expect that Barber wanted Choice to prepare as if he was going to play -- its a smart move - you don't want a player - especially a rookie who doesn't know much about NFL-level prep -- having in the back of his mind that he may not have to come through.

CrazyMonster

Reaction score
At this point does it even matter?

W/ Barber:

NYG ='s loss

Raven's ='s loss

Eagles ='s loss

W/O Barber:

NYG ='s loss

Raven's ='s loss

Eagles ='s loss

Air Force One

Reaction score
TheCount;2473357 said:
I wouldn't be surprised at all if it went from dislocated toe to torn calf and done for the year, this has been that kind of year.
If it's like mine he won't tear anything but he'll get tendinitis in the calf and that can be almost as bad. Tendinitis can be PAINFUL, and likes to hang around.