Mickey: Luck keeps rolling Cowboys way

reddyuta

Reaction score
Why do y'all hate him so much? I rarely even see or hear him and in the offseason I don't at all.

i can understand him being a company man but he is beyond obnoxious,i just cant stand the man.

Flamma

Reaction score
True, but... have you seen some of Dalton's performances from last year? He was benched at the end of October in favor of a limited and inexperienced rookie QB.

Did you see some of Aikman's performances back in 1989? I think he was yanked for Steve Walsh. Dalton is not a special quarterback, so it doesn't surprise me he played terrible on a terrible team. I'd say he's similar to Tannehill. Early 30s is not old for a quarterback.

Plankton

Reaction score
It was funny. I asked you to name someone who's retired for a year and came back and you didn't answer me and called me "sorry". It was funny. :laugh:

Too Tall Jones, John Riggins and Deion Sanders to name three.

Plankton

Reaction score
Did you see some of Aikman's performances back in 1989? I think he was yanked for Steve Walsh. Dalton is not a special quarterback, so it doesn't surprise me he played terrible on a terrible team. I'd say he's similar to Tannehill. Early 30s is not old for a quarterback.

Aikman missed games in 1989 when he broke his finger on a QB sneak. He wasn't benched for performance reasons.

Flamma

Reaction score
Aikman missed games in 1989 when he broke his finger on a QB sneak. He wasn't benched for performance reasons.

I just threw that last part in. But I do remember he was once taking a beating and came out. The line I heard was, for his own protection.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
i can understand him being a company man but he is beyond obnoxious,i just cant stand the man.

I don’t follow or listen to him at all anymore and this is exactly why. If you are part of the company, yes you do your job and tread lightly. But I’ve seen him literally go after people because they wouldn’t believe blatantly false agendas he was pushing. Everything is rosy, the best, “you don’t know what’s going on” etc. Literally the worst. Just shovels it out

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I see Dak having same ceiling to be honest.

You’re wrong! Dak’s numbers along with his efficiency have been much better than Dalton’s when you compare their first 4 seasons. Plus Dak is a dual threat and has great intangibles. It’s not even close between them.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mick-shots-luck-keeps-rolling-cowboys-way

Some good stats and info on Dalton for those that can't think he could lead us to some wins.

Especially the year he had the Benga's at 10-2, going very well, until a broken Thumb derailed it. AJ McCarron, which I remember some wanted him as our QB or a back up, then to replace Romo. Went 2-2 and lost in the 1st round in the playoffs. So for those that think it was Dalton losing that game, as a Bengals loss in the playoffs, it was not him.

This was written before the Can Erving signing as well.

First I fail to see what signing Erving has to do with Dalton being more than a 1 year insurance policy. Second what Dalton did FOUR years ago has nothing to do with his downward slide the past 2 seasons, the most RECENT years. The same Dalton that not only lost his starting job but was cut in favor of a player that hasn't even taken a single snap in the NFL. Borrows may be good, but there have been at least one other QB taken as the first pick that turned out to be a bust. I'm not saying he will but for a team to cut their starting QB for 9 years for a player with zero NFL snaps is saying something.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dak could lead us to some wins but thats about it.

I see so the QB that got cut for a player with zero NFL snaps could do more than the QB that numbers are better than the QB that you think can win more.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First I fail to see what signing Erving has to do with Dalton being more than a 1 year insurance policy. Second what Dalton did FOUR years ago has nothing to do with his downward slide the past 2 seasons, the most RECENT years. The same Dalton that not only lost his starting job but was cut in favor of a player that hasn't even taken a single snap in the NFL. Borrows may be good, but there have been at least one other QB taken as the first pick that turned out to be a bust. I'm not saying he will but for a team to cut their starting QB for 9 years for a player with zero NFL snaps is saying something.

I think you are over thinking it. They had a new HC, and a team with what seemed half their players injured. He has to try something at that time. Most teams would let QBs go, with a high salary for a younger new franchise QB. It has happened before.
The Giants inserted Jones’s over Eli, and he was not playing all that bad, and Jones did not look all that great after his first game. Now Eli is retired. He would have been cut this year if he did not retire.

I mentioned Erving, as the article is about getting better players in the off season, as he is just another good vet player added.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I think you are over thinking it. They had a new HC, and a team with what seemed half their players injured. He has to try something at that time. Most teams would let QBs go, with a high salary for a younger new franchise QB. It has happened before.
The Giants inserted Jones’s over Eli, and he was not playing all that bad, and Jones did not look all that great after his first game. Now Eli is retired. He would have been cut this year if he did not retire.

I mentioned Erving, as the article is about getting better players in the off season, as he is just another good vet player added.

First your example of Jones going in for Eli but you failed to mention that he then got yanked and Eli started again. The trying but not doing a very good job of comparing Eli who has 2 Super Bowl wins and Super Bowl MVP's who now is 39 and played for 16 season, almost twice as many as Dalton who has ZERO playoff wins is utter foolishness. Yes teams let QB's go who are no longer what they once were or never got as go as they thought he would be or are just plain old. Name all those really good QB's that got let go who weren't at the very tail end of their career. Now we're talking good QB's not journeyman QB's. I've said it before and I'll say it again that Dalton is NOTHING more than a 1 year insurance policy against a Prescott injury. That's it, there aren't any secret plans for him to become the starter.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First your example of Jones going in for Eli but you failed to mention that he then got yanked and Eli started again. The trying but not doing a very good job of comparing Eli who has 2 Super Bowl wins and Super Bowl MVP's who now is 39 and played for 16 season, almost twice as many as Dalton who has ZERO playoff wins is utter foolishness. Yes teams let QB's go who are no longer what they once were or never got as go as they thought he would be or are just plain old. Name all those really good QB's that got let go who weren't at the very tail end of their career. Now we're talking good QB's not journeyman QB's. I've said it before and I'll say it again that Dalton is NOTHING more than a 1 year insurance policy against a Prescott injury. That's it, there aren't any secret plans for him to become the starter.

I didn’t say he was anymore than a one year insurance policy. Or would become the starter over Dak. But he is capable of winning games if he needs to. Other than that I am done, as you lost me when you brought up the foolishness comment. No need for that.

as I said you are reading into more that it is

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I didn’t say he was anymore than a one year insurance policy. Or would become the starter over Dak. But he is capable of winning games if he needs to. Other than that I am done, as you lost me when you brought up the foolishness comment. No need for that.

as I said you are reading into more that it is

You can think that Dalton would come in and wins some games if Prescott got injured but based on his most recent seasons I don't. Ill say again if he was that good he wouldn't have been cut.

Valkyr

Reaction score
I don't hate Mickey for being a 'homer', I hate him for being a condescending ***.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Cant stand Mickey, I thought he was gone already...good riddance