Mickey Spagnola should retire

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Seven;2289335 said:
I think Rowdy is much worse. He says nuttin', yet he's right there. I think Steve Sabol should have him miked.

Bad idea, it's a little-known fact that Rowdy has Tourette's syndrome... he cusses like a longshoreman...

silver

Reaction score
you cant retire if you do it for nothing as im sure mickey does. he's the boys biggest fan

lostinomiya

Reaction score
I agree with the original poster to some degree

1. He does not entertain alternate opinion well..he generally only tolerates callers who agree with him.

2. Glad that Rob Phillips is the co-host now...he has to focus more on talking about the Cowboys. When it was Bill Jones they spent alot of the programme
talking about anything but the Cowboys...and Bill Jones had no opinion that dared to differ from Spagnolas.

3. Generally I think he makes sensible but "safe" points. If you want someone to appraise the Cowboys from a strong and weak point of view you are better listening to Eagleton and Eatman.

4. He has an annoying habit of saying "you guys wanted x,y,z" after the fact and claiming credit for himself for something that has worked out contrary to the x,y,and z. Too easy to do when you do not stick your neck out.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
VCDefectors;2288884 said:
Dear Mickless,

Not only are you getting more and more grumpy with callers and people who e-mail you, but you scream into the mic on your declining show. You must be going deaf.

Sorry Spags, you used to be a pretty good little reporter and did what you're told. But you are clearly on the downside on your career. It's time to go barhopping with Pat Summerall and getting a P/T job with the Grumpy Old Farts at SI.

Hang up the gloves, FREAK!!

I think you are unfair to the eridute and debonair Mickey.

First he does a lot of volunteer work. Here he is with disadvantaged youths and runaways.
dcc_mickey_053004_200.jpg

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
silver;2289490 said:
you cant retire if you do it for nothing as im sure mickey does. he's the boys biggest fan

Actually Mickey is a Packers fan.

Rob Phillips is a Saints fan. They mentioned this a few weeks back.

They do a fairly good job, as well as the Lunch Break Show.

I enjoy them both.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
VCDefectors;2288884 said:
Dear Mickless,

Not only are you getting more and more grumpy with callers and people who e-mail you, but you scream into the mic on your declining show. You must be going deaf.

Sorry Spags, you used to be a pretty good little reporter and did what you're told. But you are clearly on the downside on your career. It's time to go barhopping with Pat Summerall and getting a P/T job with the Grumpy Old Farts at SI.

Hang up the gloves, FREAK!!

Excuse me Mister, but what gives you the right.

I don't like Lima beans should I climb to the top of mountains and shout it out to the world that they are now to stop growing/eating Lima beans because I don't like them.

The nerve of some people....

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Zaxor;2289529 said:

I don't like Lima beans should I climb to the top of mountains and shout it out to the world that they are now to stop growing/eating Lima beans because I don't like them.

I think people should say what ever they want as long as they dont break any forum rules.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Zaxor;2289529 said:

I knewit!! I knew there was something about you , Zax.

Lima beans are little dirt clods and shame on our parents for making us eat them.

I hope bb doesn't get a hold of this post..........

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
He's got a big ego, yeah. He's also been against just about every signing we've made in the last couple of years, only to end up lauding the hard work of those players later on. He didn't like the Leonard Davis signing, the Pacman Signing, the T.O. signing, He didn't want to see Barber start over Jones till when Jones was basically out the door.

He is concistantly wrong, but never owns up to his mistakes yet he never fails to gloat loudly when he's right. He's as bad as any other fan, someone just happened to have give him a job and put a microphone in front of his face.