Mid Engine C8 Corvette

John813

Reaction score
IMO all depends on how easy the access to the engine will be. Some ME cars are easy to work on, and others are a PITA.

Not feeling the rear, feels too Camaro-ish, but will hold off a strong opinion till more pics come out.

Hopefully the design is nice, as it seems Chevy is struggling in the design department recently.
Camaro refresh was a letdown, and their Silverado was an even bigger letdown, exterior and interior wise.
Ram is kicking their *** in sales.

bornafan1981

Reaction score
The thing Ive learned about Corvette enthusiast is that they hate almost every change
No round tail light, hate it
No flip head lights, hate it

Chevy moved to ME because they felt they pushed the FR platform to its limits, and need better balance to compete with the worlds "best"

rags747

Reaction score
IMO all depends on how easy the access to the engine will be. Some ME cars are easy to work on, and others are a PITA.

Not feeling the rear, feels too Camaro-ish, but will hold off a strong opinion till more pics come out.

Hopefully the design is nice, as it seems Chevy is struggling in the design department recently.
Camaro refresh was a letdown, and their Silverado was an even bigger letdown, exterior and interior wise.
Ram is kicking their *** in sales.
I actually do not mind the look of the Silverado but the interior leaves a lot to be desired. RAM is kicking Chevy butt, the 12” center display obviously is very important to many and if I were doing a pick up it would be the RAM.

John813

Reaction score
I actually do not mind the look of the Silverado but the interior leaves a lot to be desired. RAM is kicking Chevy butt, the 12” center display obviously is very important to many and if I were doing a pick up it would be the RAM.

The higher trim/paint matched grille looks better on the Silverado.

When I was looking for a new pickup last year I really wanted a Silverado/Sierra with the 6.2L.
Liked the last Gen pickup, even with the square wheel wells. It was just some minor things like having no backseat AC(I have a toddler and live in FL) that sort of deterred me.

I just don't get the thought process GM had to the inside of the truck. It's not a new trend to have a "luxury" pickup these days. Ford has had the Limited for a while now and have sold well. Ram took it next level and Chevy went back to 2008.

I went with RAM due to the interior, and I've been a Ford guy all my life. Truck even saved my family when I got rear ended by a moving truck early this year. Don't have it anymore but we all left the scene with no injuries.

The thing Ive learned about Corvette enthusiast is that they hate almost every change
No round tail light, hate it
No flip head lights, hate it

Chevy moved to ME because they felt they pushed the FR platform to its limits, and need better balance to compete with the worlds "best"

I'm excited to see how it performs. Corvettes have always been a "bang for your buck" in the sports car world. Get a great all around car that can compete with cars that have huge price tags.

rags747

Reaction score
The higher trim/paint matched grille looks better on the Silverado.

When I was looking for a new pickup last year I really wanted a Silverado/Sierra with the 6.2L.
Liked the last Gen pickup, even with the square wheel wells. It was just some minor things like having no backseat AC(I have a toddler and live in FL) that sort of deterred me.

I just don't get the thought process GM had to the inside of the truck. It's not a new trend to have a "luxury" pickup these days. Ford has had the Limited for a while now and have sold well. Ram took it next level and Chevy went back to 2008.

I went with RAM due to the interior, and I've been a Ford guy all my life. Truck even saved my family when I got rear ended by a moving truck early this year. Don't have it anymore but we all left the scene with no injuries.

I'm excited to see how it performs. Corvettes have always been a "bang for your buck" in the sports car world. Get a great all around car that can compete with cars that have huge price tags.
Ha, I’m actually moving to the Sarasota area end of the month. As a lifelong NY’er I never thought of a pickup truck but seeing all of the pick up trucks on the West Coast I’m beginning to do my research. Fl is so wide open that I kind of like the idea of something really big for interstate travel, trips to the Keys and trips back to NY to see my daughter. Im currently driving a bunch of small stuff that is great for quick blasts but not so great long distance wise. I’m thinking RAM Limited with the 5.7 or the 3.0l diesel that is coming out in 4th qtr. No towing required but kind of like the idea of 30+ mpg on the highway with the diesel.

John813

Reaction score
Ha, I’m actually moving to the Sarasota area end of the month. As a lifelong NY’er I never thought of a pickup truck but seeing all of the pick up trucks on the West Coast I’m beginning to do my research. Fl is so wide open that I kind of like the idea of something really big for interstate travel, trips to the Keys and trips back to NY to see my daughter. Im currently driving a bunch of small stuff that is great for quick blasts but not so great long distance wise. I’m thinking RAM Limited with the 5.7 or the 3.0l diesel that is coming out in 4th qtr. No towing required but kind of like the idea of 30+ mpg on the highway with the diesel.

Nice, congrats! I love Sarasota and almost moved there 5 years ago but stayed on the east coast of FL(Jupiter/PSL area).

Florida is truck country.
So many trucks from 1500 to 3500's as daily drivers.
Further south you go in Florida, the crazier the drivers get, so getting a full frame truck is smart lol.

I would just say make sure they worked out the issues on the diesel before buying one. Wasn't a huge issue, but quite a few people had engine failures with the 3.0 in the 4th Gen Rams.

rags747

Reaction score
Well she’s out as of last night, I’m loving this car although these are not the best pictures. Interior looks like a fighter jet. 6.2l 495hp, 0-60 under 3 seconds, Dual Clutch Transmission, 3,366lbs, starting MSRP...Under $60k, of course a base model. Proud of good old American Co. General Motors, looks like a home run to me. You just cannot buy a Mid Engine car for under $60k.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-mid-engine-design-analysis/

John813

Reaction score
They did a good job on the look, inside and out, and the price tag for the performance.

Waiting to see how insane the Z06 is with the base powertrain being a ~3.0 0-60 car.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The new interior is laughable.

See that long ridge in the middle between the driver and passenger seats? That’s all buttons, Lool, smh.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...65/2020-chevrolet-corvette-interior-leak/amp/

rags747

Reaction score
The new interior is laughable.

See that long ridge in the middle between the driver and passenger seats? That’s all buttons, Lool, smh.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...65/2020-chevrolet-corvette-interior-leak/amp/
I love cars so if you have an interior that you prefer post it up...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I saw a pic of it earlier today. It looks like they are trying to make the vette look like euro a super cars.

Am I going to have to start calling it a Chevy Hyundai?

rags747

Reaction score
I saw a pic of it earlier today. It looks like they are trying to make the vette look like euro a super cars.

Am I going to have to start calling it a Chevy Hyundai?
Red,White and Blue Star Spangled American Supercar has a nice ring to it...

jimmy40

Reaction score
the only thing I really like better is the exhaust outlets moved away from the center of the rear end.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Better than the old Vettes....IMO
The modern era is cool, but the older ones - just not a fan.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm torn on it. Certain angles I really like and then other angles I feel kind of meh about. I do appreciate that it is going mid-engine and I see that they are suppose to start under $60k, which is fantastic. No manual transmission though. :( The days of rowing through gears in a sports car are just about gone. And no, paddle shifting does not count.

rags747

Reaction score
I'm torn on it. Certain angles I really like and then other angles I feel kind of meh about. I do appreciate that it is going mid-engine and I see that they are suppose to start under $60k, which is fantastic. No manual transmission though. :( The days of rowing through gears in a sports car are just about gone. And no, paddle shifting does not count.
I really think it’s going to look dynamite in the flesh. I still have 2 manual cars and 1 dual clutch transmission car so totally understand what you are saying. Just something very satisfying about having total control with a manual gearbox, the DCT is way more entertaining and satisfying than an automatic transmission though. The one plus is that the manuals being built are in some pretty high HP cars.