Mid Round Pick I bet Parcells has his eye on.

Champsheart

Reaction score
No this is no glamour pick, no top notch WR, or stud QB.

But I would not be suprised if Parcells is looking at this guy pretty hard.

He can run, block, and catch. He is strong, agile, and has attitude.

The player .......

Lawrence Vickers - FB Colorado

This guy has what Parcells likes out of his Fullbacks! I would not be suprised at all if this is a player he really likes.
IMO he would fit in nice with our offense and has a lot of versatility.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Depends on how this season turns out.

Otherwise, I have doubts about whether Parcells would take a look at this guy.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Maybe. I can't see Parcells drafting a FB with any of his first four picks.

Champsheart

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
He wasnt implying the first round (I dont think).

Mid round I believe meaning, 3rd - 6th.

3rd would be to high IMO. It is extremely rare to see a FB taken on the first day anymore. I was thinking 4th or 5th round.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I don't think Parcells takes a FB in any round this year, he seems pretty set on Polite as his FB

parchy

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I don't think Parcells takes a FB in any round this year, he seems pretty set on Polite as his FB

What makes you think he's "set" on Polite? He hasn't even played in half of the games this year.

Champsheart

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

You could be right.

But I would never say Parcells is set on an average player if he can improve the position, especially with a second day pick.

Polite is no Vickers.

Parcells loves versatile players, and honestly Vickers puts Polite to shame in running, blocking, and catching, and is more physical.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
that's philosophy, not how much he thinks of Polite, and remember that little 3-year rule? he's just going to bring in another ufa to challenge Polite, not draft one

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
You could be right.

But I would never say Parcells is set on an average player if he can improve the position, especially with a second day pick.

Polite is no Vickers.

Parcells loves versatile players, and honestly Vickers puts Polite to shame in running, blocking, and catching, and is more physical.

Polite was pretty good in those facets in college too

VACowboy

Reaction score
I misread. (Read "Mid-first round" for some reason.) I edited my post.

TheHustler

Reaction score
We don't have a 4th (or is it a 3rd) next year, traded that to Philly to get Canty.

Champsheart

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
that's philosophy, not how much he thinks of Polite, and remember that little 3-year rule? he's just going to bring in another ufa to challenge Polite, not draft one

Philosophy?
I dont believe that for a second.

Parcells loves to use FB's in his offense, always has, but if he does not have one that can do what he wants, and is versatile, he will not use him to just use him.

It has nothing to do with Philosophy, it has to do with he does not have a very good FB.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
when you run 2-TE formations, which we do alot of the time, it doesn't leave any place for the FB, it's philosophy bro

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I really doubt he's looking at College kids right now, thats why we have a scouting staff. He has his hands full with looking at our opponents....

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
daboysin06 said:
I dunno, I heared the Rutgers FB was the best in the nation.

Yup. That guy has it all, he can run like a RB, block like Cambell, and he has great hands, he is a serious weapon.

But with the skill players we have, Im not sure hed be neccesary, he sure would be a nice luxury though.

Richie Anderson X2 IMO

Champsheart

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
Yup. That guy has it all, he can run like a RB, block like Cambell, and he has great hands, he is a serious weapon.

But with the skill players we have, Im not sure hed be neccesary, he sure would be a nice luxury though.

Richie Anderson X2 IMO

Really, I have not seen this guy you guys are talking about play at all. I do not know if I have seen Rutgers play a football game in years.

What is his name?