Mid Round Pick I bet Parcells has his eye on.

Champsheart

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
when you run 2-TE formations, which we do alot of the time, it doesn't leave any place for the FB, it's philosophy bro

Dude, yes we run a lot of 2 TE formations, yes that is part of our philosophy right now. But stop thinking so shallow.

There is a reason we are running so many 2 TE formations, and that is because we do not have a reliable FB. Have you seen Polite try to block? He definetly is not a threat to do anything running, and is average at best catching the football.

If you know anything about BP, and look over his career everywhere he has been, including his first 2 years in Dallas, Parcells loves the FB! He loves a guy who is versatile that is a blocker, a weapon running, and a weapon receiving. And he makes no secret about the fact he loves them.
The reason Polite is not seeing the field is not because that is BP's philosophy, it is because he is not that good in the offense, and we are better off with a 2-TE set. It has pretty much been forced on us because we have no FB.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
no, running 2-TE formations is to confuse opposing Ds, so that they don't know if it's going to be a run or a pass, and have you seen Witten block? even Campbell for that matter? I know he's one of the premier blocking TEs, but our running game isn't really good with him blocking, yet they still run 2-TE formations alot, so you think he's going to replace Dan Campbell? and since he LOVES his FBs, wouldn't he have spent a pick on one already? he's had 3 years to do it...nope, fact of the matter is, Parcells' philosophy doesn't include FBs as having a major role, remember when he was debating whether to keep one at all before the season?

and also remember that 3-year rule Parcells has for players? sorry, don't see Parcells going after a FB, but if he does, kudos

chicago JK

Reaction score
I think anything before the sixth round is too soon. fullback is a position that is dieing. In fact, Parcells wants a fullback to play around 20 snaps on offense and be solid on special teams. A guy like Hedgecock from UNC was I believe one of the highest rated fullbacks last year and he lasted until the 7th round.

I wouldn't be surprised though if Bill looks at another tight end in the middle rounds. We appear to be pretty solid at that position but you have guys like Vernon Davis (a big time stud who will go in the first round), Mercedes Lewis, David Thomas, Anthony Fasano (ND tight end who looks like a Parcells player), Dominque Byrd, Jeff King (super sleeper from Virginia Tech, Leonard Pope. Not all of these will declare but I think Pope and Davis are pretty solid bets to come out, while Fasano will probably go back to school. The rest are seniors. NE drafted a tight end at the end of the first round a few years ago after they already had a good one. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bill attracted to another tight end to pair with Witten for the next decade.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Parcells is still high on Sean Ryan IMO and Brett Pierce looks to have a future, don't see a TE being drafted either

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Champsheart said:
Really, I have not seen this guy you guys are talking about play at all. I do not know if I have seen Rutgers play a football game in years.

What is his name?

Yea, Brian Leonard, Id pull up some stats, but I really doubt Parcells is interested, so its pointless

you may have seen him on Sportscenter, he had one of the plays of the year, hurdeled a guy clean and ran like 70 yards for a TD. Crazy athletic. About 6'2" 240.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lousaka Polite was undrafted. The FB position has been reduced to this around the league. Unless we trade down some pick to get an extra 7th rounder, I don't see us spending any draft pick on a FB.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Why are people messing with my FB? I've endured Robert Thomas and Darian Barnes. I finally have one I like again.

Hands off.

:hammock:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Jamir Martin? lol

This guy is what he is - a fringe NFL FB.

We have not had a real fullback since Moose.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Since you asked....

2004-11-25-rutgers-leap.jpg
s9ow40cp.jpg

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Wheres the "Leanord Leap" picture where he completely hurdles the guy? Thats not the one, theres one where he jumps even higher.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Jamir Martin? lol

This guy is what he is - a fringe NFL FB.

We have not had a real fullback since Moose.
Nobody mentioned him. Why bring him up?

Reed

Reaction score

Reed

Reaction score
anthony smith is a fs like dawkins, he weighs 195, roy weighs 230, im saying hes cut like dawkins, you can see his muslces, roy is more jacked and strong, less cut

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Reed said:
anthony smith is a fs like dawkins, he weighs 195, roy weighs 230, im saying hes cut like dawkins, you can see his muslces, roy is more jacked and strong, less cut

Roy is everything, and anything. Hes unbelievabley cut, while bulky.