Mid-Season: Rookie Running Back stats

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2385028 said:
Eh..it's pretty amazing how quickly it levels out for him. It's like he hits top speed in 10-15 yards and levels out from there.

Back to Johnson. The guy's speed is just ********. As I've always said, maybe that's enough to make him very successful. Or maybe not. In 8 games, it's worked for him in their offense. Like SP said, he's a great fit for that offense.

I think it's a great fit for any O, that's basically all Felix is doing, he'll jump-cut every now and then, but how he and CJ get upfield is pretty much the same, they see the hole, and burst right through it, make a cut to elude the defender in the hole

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2385039 said:
I think it's a great fit for any O, that's basically all Felix is doing, he'll jump-cut every now and then, but how he and CJ get upfield is pretty much the same, they see the hole, and burst right through it, make a cut to elude the defender in the hole
Felix's moves are otherworldly.

DFWJC

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2385038 said:
Wow, still can't spell Stewart.

one of these days I'll fix that...keep cutting and pasting the template. :cool:

superpunk

Reaction score
DFWJC;2385036 said:
Some of you guys haven't watched CJ enough this season....he is FAR more than just a one cut runner. I will agree that he wasn't extremely sharp on Monday night, but the NFL channel has showed the guy plenty all season, and all of the RBs (Faulk, etc) are very impressed with his OVERALL running ability. Their schedule has not been great record-wise, but they have already faced some of the better run defenses. Face it, nobody is worried about their passing game.

I'm not really discussing Felix here. I like him alot and wait for him to get healthy.

Not sure how this ended up a critique of CJ.
I think you don't really know what a one-cut running back is. It is not derogatory.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2385045 said:
not really, they're mainly just jump-cuts and stutter-steps

Yup, Felix does what all coaches want their RB's to do, make moves without losing speed. Neither Felix or CJ are dancers.

I can't believe people are still having this argument, but while we're at it (and since I have unfortunately been ignored by Theo, what a tragedy that is) let me bring up some of my favorite Theo vs CJ quotes:

"He has no shiftiness to him whatsoever. Despite his other eye-popping straight ahead numbers, he wasn't even in the top 10 in the 3-cone for running backs. This guys will bust so hard. You don't get far running straight forward in the NFL as a running back."

It was immediately pointed out to him that CJ didn't do the 3-Cone, so yes "Did not participate" is in fact not going to get your in the Top 10 in any race. He chose to ignore this correction and carry on his vandetta.

"He's simply not able to plant his foot and change direction that well. Any time he tries he looks awkward and almost loses his balance. His 40 time will get him into the 2nd round, but he's not worth a pick in the top 4 rounds in my opinion."

Awkward is what we all think when we see CJ run, I'm sure.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2385045 said:
not really, they're mainly just jump-cuts and stutter-steps
They're things that Chris Johnson can't do.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2385054 said:
They're things that Chris Johnson can't do.

can't do?

or that he's just comfortable doing something else?

you can't really knock his running approach right now, it's working, it's a year and a half right now, I think some people should start recognizing that CJ's way of running is a successful one, probably not for a guy like Barber, or someone who runs in the 4.5s, but a successful one nonetheless

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;2384947 said:
Tennessee has been a top 5 rushing team for the past several years with all sorts of scrubs going in and out of their system. They've essentially become the Denver Broncos in that regard.

Stop hating. Johnson was a great pick.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2385053 said:
Yup, Felix does what all coaches want their RB's to do, make moves without losing speed. Neither Felix or CJ are dancers.

I can't believe people are still having this argument, but while we're at it (and since I have unfortunately been ignored by Theo, what a tragedy that is) let me bring up some of my favorite Theo vs CJ quotes:

"He has no shiftiness to him whatsoever. Despite his other eye-popping straight ahead numbers, he wasn't even in the top 10 in the 3-cone for running backs. This guys will bust so hard. You don't get far running straight forward in the NFL as a running back."

It was immediately pointed out to him that CJ didn't do the 3-Cone, so yes "Did not participate" is in fact not going to get your in the Top 10 in any race. He chose to ignore this correction and carry on his vandetta.

"He's simply not able to plant his foot and change direction that well. Any time he tries he looks awkward and almost loses his balance. His 40 time will get him into the 2nd round, but he's not worth a pick in the top 4 rounds in my opinion."

Awkward is what we all think when we see CJ run, I'm sure.

:muttley:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2384974 said:
CJ>>>Ray Rice

theo's idea of an impressive back is someone who side-steps alot in the backfield, he still can't get over the fact that it's not a neccessary trait to succeed as a back

:muttley: