Mike and Mike: take the T-Day game from Detroit

Rackat

Reaction score
They didn't say to take it away from the Cowboys, but they were harping hard on the Lions to lose the game. Mainly because the Lions have been so horrible for so long.

I don't care if the Lions lose their ability to host, but I'd be one PO'd fan if Dallas lost it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rackat;2433006 said:
They didn't say to take it away from the Cowboys, but they were harping hard on the Lions to lose the game. Mainly because the Lions have been so horrible for so long.

I don't care if the Lions lose their ability to host, but I'd be one PO'd fan if Dallas lost it.

They added the Thursday Night game so other teams could get into the Thanksgiving Day Tradition. Lions have hosted longer than any team and it is frankly a tradition and should remain so just as the Cowboys

Big Dakota

Reaction score
They mess with Detroit they might mess with us. I say the NFL won't touch this tradition no matter what idiots like mike and little gay mike say.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Big Dakota;2433022 said:
They mess with Detroit they might mess with us. I say the NFL won't touch this tradition no matter what idiots like mike and little gay mike say.

I agree. Those same voices have questioned Dallas having Thanksgiving a deal with Tex made and did so with the guarantee that we would host it always. Finally they choose to add an additional game at night.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The argument is that the people in Detroit don't even want to watch the Lions. They're being blacked out locally for a 3rd straight game. Why force the rest of the nation to watch them?

Me, I don't have any feelings about it one way or the other since I never watch them anyway. As long as they're on, I know the 'boys aren't. That gives me time to chill with fam before the 'boys.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2433050 said:
The argument is that the people in Detroit don't even want to watch the Lions. They're being blacked out locally for a 3rd straight game. Why force the rest of the nation to watch them?

Me, I don't have any feelings about it one way or the other since I never watch them anyway. As long as they're on, I know the 'boys aren't. That gives me time to chill with fam before the 'boys.

Because after eating all that turkey it is time for a nap before the Cowboys game comes on. :laugh2: Myself I have not seen a full Lions game in about 30 years. I watch the 1st half then have Thanksgiving Day dinner at the hotel then off to the Stadium to watch the Cowboys play. God I love this tradition my family has

Jay

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2433011 said:
They added the Thursday Night game so other teams could get into the Thanksgiving Day Tradition. Lions have hosted longer than any team and it is frankly a tradition and should remain so just as the Cowboys

100% Agreed

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Rackat;2433006 said:

I did not know anyone listened to Mike and Mike.
Weird...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2433053 said:
Because after eating all that turkey it is time for a nap before the Cowboys game comes on. :laugh2: Myself I have not seen a full Lions game in about 30 years. I watch the 1st half then have Thanksgiving Day dinner at the hotel then off to the Stadium to watch the Cowboys play. God I love this tradition my family has
I'd started up my own lil tradition of trying to go to the Thanksgiving Day game. Unfortunately, I haven't liked the last couple of opponents, so I stay at home now. And now that I kinda want to go, the team's success makes it harder to get cheap tix.

Doctor32;2433060 said:
I did not know anyone listened to Mike and Mike.
Weird...
I watch them on ESPN2 until I go to work. Never listen to them on the radio.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2433076 said:
I'd started up my own lil tradition of trying to go to the Thanksgiving Day game. Unfortunately, I haven't liked the last couple of opponents, so I stay at home now. And now that I kinda want to go, the team's success makes it harder to get cheap tix.

I watch them on ESPN2 until I go to work. Never listen to them on the radio.

It was difficult to get tickets this year there have been seasons that getting great seats and reg ticket prices were no big deal but the team was not winning in those years but during the championship years it was difficult and this being the last year at Texas Stadium I knew it would be costly, I had to go through stubhub but I'm willing to pay a bit more for the chance to go to that game and continue the tradition. Me and my family have been to every Thanksgiving except the 1st one they played.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2433080 said:
It was difficult to get tickets this year there have been seasons that getting great seats and reg ticket prices were no big deal but the team was not winning in those years but during the championship years it was difficult and this being the last year at Texas Stadium I knew it would be costly, I had to go through stubhub but I'm willing to pay a bit more for the chance to go to that game and continue the tradition. Me and my family have been to every Thanksgiving except the 1st one they played.
That's a really cool thing to do as a family. I'm gonna try to jumpstart my tradition next year. I like getting away from the fam for a few hours...and coming back and having dinner after most everyone is gone.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2433085 said:
That's a really cool thing to do as a family. I'm gonna try to jumpstart my tradition next year. I like getting away from the fam for a few hours...and coming back and having dinner after most everyone is gone.

I love it and look forward to going to next year’s game at the new stadium. No doubt that will be a bit costly but again when you only get a chance one time a year to go you don't mind paying a bit extra. This year since the Texas and Texas A&M game will be played Thanksgiving Day night we will not be in a rush to get back to Houston so we plan on making a detour and seeing the new ball park.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2433088 said:
I love it and look forward to going to next year’s game at the new stadium. No doubt that will be a bit costly but again when you only get a chance one time a year to go you don't mind paying a bit extra. This year since the Texas and Texas A&M game will be played Thanksgiving Day night we will not be in a rush to get back to Houston so we plan on making a detour and seeing the new ball park.
It's definitely a sight to behold. You can actually see it from the freeway now. It dwarfs everything around it. Construction is a mess, think Katy freeway, but you should still be able to get there relatively easy.

I know theebs hates that a Walmart is right across the street, but I think it'll be very convenient for tailgaters and they should make a killing.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2433100 said:
It's definitely a sight to behold. You can actually see it from the freeway now. It dwarfs everything around it. Construction is a mess, think Katy freeway, but you should still be able to get there relatively easy.

I know theebs hates that a Walmart is right across the street, but I think it'll be very convenient for tailgaters and they should make a killing.

I look forward to seeing it. I admit this will be a bitter sweet feeling seeing the end of Texas Stadium. I remember the 1st time I set foot in it and was blown away and of course all the great games I got to see with so many of the Cowboy greats from Bob Lilly to now Tony Romo and many in between. No doubt the Cowboys needed to build a new stadium but I'll miss Texas Stadium

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2433085 said:

I told my mom we'd try to swing by the house around 4 PM. It's casual, so don't knock yourself out.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I'd be a happy camper if they the Cowboys didn't play on Thanksgiving. I can watch them nearly every Sunday. I can't really watch the game because of talking to family. And if the Cowboys lose, it ruins the whole holiday.

Give Turkey Day to some other team. I prefer to watch games on Sunday.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ninja;2433166 said:
I'd be a happy camper if they the Cowboys didn't play on Thanksgiving. I can watch them nearly every Sunday. I can't really watch the game because of talking to family. And if the Cowboys lose, it ruins the whole holiday.

Give Turkey Day to some other team. I prefer to watch games on Sunday.

Jerry is too smart to give that up and has stood up for the Cowboys to continue to play it when some talked about rotating the game. Tradition is a big part of sports and this is one tradition I don't see Dallas giving up