Mike and the Maddog are conceding

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
that the Giants got away with one in Dallas.

They have both stated that Dallas didnt have their A-game.

Meh... Just reporting from NY.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
that is all fine and dandy.

They were the better team that day, no excuses need to be made for them. They were the better team sunday and that is all there is to it.

Do you know how painful that is for me to write and all of us to accept. This is going to be the longest offseason ever.

thank god I have some projects to tackle!

superpunk

Reaction score
theebs;1911625 said:
They were the better team that day, no excuses need to be made for them. They were the better team sunday and that is all there is to it.

Nope. Not at all. I don't care if it sounds like sour grapes, but one team vastly outplayed and outperformed the other on Sunday.

Sometimes the better team loses.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's pretty stupid that I dont get to watch Dallas vs Green Bay this weekend.

Our players played so good all season to have it all taken away in 4 hours.

I hope they enjoy their rest.

sago1

Reaction score
I'm ready for the 08 season and man I want the Cowboys to just crush and destroy that Giant team like nothing they have ever seen before. I want that Giant team and coaching staff to be left for dead after we whip their butts.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
superpunk;1911633 said:
Nope. Not at all. I don't care if it sounds like sour grapes, but one team vastly outplayed and outperformed the other on Sunday.

Sometimes the better team loses.

So the giants defense didnt outplay us and win the game?

Try convincing me of that.

Givincer

Reaction score
theebs;1911656 said:

330 yards of offense and 36 minutes of TOP. The Giants defense was ****.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
theebs;1911656 said:

Ok... I will try.

If Crayton catches that GW TD...

THEN... all the talk in NY would be how the Giants Defense lost the game for them. They didnt stop nothing on that play. The Person that stopped something was Crayton.

:horse: I own this horse until further notice.

superpunk

Reaction score
theebs;1911656 said:

Not when you look at everything the Cowboys did to themselves, then add on top of that the things the referees did to the Cowboys.

Aside from that drive before halftime, the Giants did very little to even compete in this game.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
YoMick;1911618 said:
that the Giants got away with one in Dallas.

They have both stated that Dallas didnt have their A-game.

Meh... Just reporting from NY.

Are you telling me it's safe to listen to sports radio in NY again? :laugh2:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Givincer;1911661 said:
330 yards of offense and 36 minutes of TOP. The Giants defense was ****.

yards are yards, its about points, and in critical situations 3 times in the 2nd half they only gave up a field goal.

Our defense meanwhile, allowed one of the worst drives I have ever seen before the half and then got pushed around and allowed them to simply spread us out and throw on reeves and score easily.

We kicked a field goal because we couldnt score on them, they scored a td on us because we couldnt stop them.

that is the game.

that is why we beat washington, buffalo and ny the second time, we forced them to kick field goals when they were in position to score tds.

how many yards do the pats give up? How many points do they give up?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Great teams don't play the way we played and lose the way we lost.

This is good that this happened actually.... Better to get our butts handed to us now than to get beaten by later on (which would've happened) This way, Jerry isn't fooled into thinking we've got all the pieces in place. Now he knows we need some big guns.

aikemirv

Reaction score
YoMick;1911664 said:
Ok... I will try.

If Crayton catches that GW TD...

THEN... all the talk in NY would be how the Giants Defense lost the game for them. They didnt stop nothing on that play. The Person that stopped something was Crayton.

:horse: I own this horse until further notice.

I will help any chance I get:horse:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
superpunk;1911665 said:
Not when you look at everything the Cowboys did to themselves, then add on top of that the things the referees did to the Cowboys.

Aside from that drive before halftime, the Giants did very little to even compete in this game.

Did to themselves? that is part of the game. If you have continous false starts that is part of the game, and by the way those false starts were because the giants front 7 had us confused and on the run.

they played the game exactly how they wanted. they didnt make any mistakes, they even got a horrendous call on third down and 9 that gave us a first. So the refs didnt cost us the game, because we would not have been in the situation where romo threw it away if not for the penalty on 3rd and 9.

these team lacked fundamentals in the second half, they were getting beat by a team that did the basics better than we did.

it is a horrible way to end a terrific season. it is going to linger until we kick the ball off in the playoffs next year, hopefully.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
theebs;1911678 said:
Did to themselves? that is part of the game. If you have continous false starts that is part of the game, and by the way those false starts were because the giants front 7 had us confused and on the run.

they played the game exactly how they wanted. they didnt make any mistakes, they even got a horrendous call on third down and 9 that gave us a first. So the refs didnt cost us the game, because we would not have been in the situation where romo threw it away if not for the penalty on 3rd and 9.

these team lacked fundamentals in the second half, they were getting beat by a team that did the basics better than we did.

it is a horrible way to end a terrific season. it is going to linger until we kick the ball off in the playoffs next year, hopefully.
This sounds like we got out coached, which I would have to agree with.

superpunk

Reaction score
theebs;1911678 said:

Sorry theebs. Anyone who says that the Giants were the superior team that day is just grandstanding, saying "look what a homer I'm not" imo. I think we'd be amazed what a few balls held on to and those terrible calls taken away would have done to the final score. The Giants didn't outperform the Cowboys - they just got lucky that the Cowboys were in the mood to beat themselves, and the refs had some sort of bee in their bum.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Clove;1911684 said:
This sounds like we got out coached, which I would have to agree with.

I dont know how you can blame the coaches for guys forgetting fundamental ascpects of the game at critical times, or maybe you can.

I am not. i think we just went brain dead in the second half.

that penalty on leonard davis is so inexcusable i cant even begin to put it into words. then glenn cant get lined up correctly.

Fundamentals, football 101. they blew it, the giants earned it by not playing bad and not giving up the big play.

Givincer

Reaction score
theebs;1911688 said:
Fundamentals, football 101. they blew it, the giants earned it by not playing bad and not giving up the big play.

They gave up the big play, Crayton just didn't make it.