Mike and the Maddog are conceding

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
superpunk;1911686 said:
Sorry theebs. Anyone who says that the Giants were the superior team that day is just grandstanding, saying "look what a homer I'm not" imo. I think we'd be amazed what a few balls held on to and those terrible calls taken away would have done to the final score. The Giants didn't outperform the Cowboys - they just got lucky that the Cowboys were in the mood to beat themselves, and the refs had some sort of bee in their bum.
I agree and I think everyone will see how overmatched they are in Lambeau this week.

Favre's going back to the Super Bowl.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
theebs;1911688 said:
I dont know how you can blame the coaches for guys forgetting fundamental ascpects of the game at critical times, or maybe you can.

I am not. i think we just went brain dead in the second half.

that penalty on leonard davis is so inexcusable i cant even begin to put it into words. then glenn cant get lined up correctly.

Fundamentals, football 101. they blew it, the giants earned it by not playing bad and not giving up the big play.
Who do you blame if your team isn't ready to play, physically and mentally?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
superpunk;1911686 said:
Sorry theebs. Anyone who says that the Giants were the superior team that day is just grandstanding, saying "look what a homer I'm not" imo. I think we'd be amazed what a few balls held on to and those terrible calls taken away would have done to the final score. The Giants didn't outperform the Cowboys - they just got lucky that the Cowboys were in the mood to beat themselves, and the refs had some sort of bee in their bum.

I am on here everyday, why would I try to portray myself as a homer or non homer. I simply dont care if someone thinks I am either of those.

We lost because we couldnt make one play. One play out of about 5 that we blew and we win the game.

However, that has nothing to do with the fact that the giants did make that one play. they made it on offense when manning converted the third and 6 to toomer thanks to jacques reeves theory of tackling the reciever after he has the ball and not attacking the ball on a blitz. And then they made a play on the ball in the air on the last play of the game.

If the roles were reversed, and the giants had the ball on the 47 down 21-17 do you honestly believe we would have stopped them? I sure dont. They would have just continued to throw on reeves and williams if they had to. If they were more aggressive and wanted to throw more in the second half I firmly believe they could have scored more points, tds at that. I never saw or thought at any moment of that game that reeves or williams could or would ever make a stop if we needed one.

Reeves made one stop all game and ware was called offsides on that play.

so again, if the giants were down with the ball on our 47 I would have expected them to score because of their ability to almost pathetically be able to dictate the coverage and the guy they wanted by spreading us out and then throwing at williams or reeves.

I love this team, I make no bones about it, but they were horrendous in the second half. Just like in baseball, if your fundamentals are bad you will lose every time.

aikemirv

Reaction score
superpunk;1911686 said:

I agree and I think everyone is underestimating what that did to our momentum when taken as a whole. I mean we are fans watching on the coach and those penalties are just killers. What about the players when they work so hard and see a teammate drop one of the easiest passes known to man, or you get a great jump and get called for offsides. It is just brutal!!!!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
windward;1911697 said:
I agree and I think everyone will see how overmatched they are in Lambeau this week.

I think they are going to get killed in green bay for the record. It has disaster written all over it.

historically the better teams, the home teams always destroy their opponents in the divisional round.

the pats and packers will play in 3 weeks, and guess what, the packers will probably put about 400 + yards of offense, score in the high 20s kick a bunch of field goals and most likely still lose by 10 or more.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
:hammer: :giants:
windward;1911697 said:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
theebs;1911723 said:
I think they are going to get killed in green bay for the record. It has disaster written all over it.

historically the better teams, the home teams always destroy their opponents in the divisional round.

the pats and packers will play in 3 weeks, and guess what, the packers will probably put about 400 + yards of offense, score in the high 20s kick a bunch of field goals and most likely still lose by 10 or more.
That's pretty much how I see it.

Of course a Favre superbowl win that lets him retire on top would not be minded by me.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Clove;1911715 said:
Who do you blame if your team isn't ready to play, physically and mentally?

normally the coach. but how can you blame wade phillips for jacques reeves and roy williams being absolutely abysmal when the ball is in the air.

they practiced that deep out that boss caught on reeves and williams all week wade said and so did jerry. they knew it was coming, it was the play that couldnt give up and reeves gets beat to the corner and roy williams sitting 20 yards down field in zone doesnt even get his hand on the ball.

It is on the players. Normally I would put it on the coach, but i mean that drive is totally on the shortcomings of this team.

just like in 91 and 92 when ike holt was on the field he had a giant bullseye and he continuosly gave up plays that cost us, did everyone blame Jimmy, dave and campo? No they blamed holt and then in the offseason they were honest with themselves and brought in two players to make up for that.

this team needs to be honest with themselves about 35 and 31. and then move forward

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
aikemirv;1911675 said:
I will help any chance I get:horse:

Grab a bat....

windward;1911697 said:

Yeah... and do you know how hard I laughed over the last 2 years when he said he just wanted to get back to SB... I thought to myself.... YOU HAVE NO CHANCE... NONE....

Now if we had won our last game... then we would be his nightmare.

BUT the fact that he has a chance to go back... IS AMAZING.
I was "selling" what he was saying. Now I gotta "buy"

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
theebs;1911734 said:
It is on the players. Normally I would put it on the coach, but i mean that drive is totally on the shortcomings of this team.

I agree.

This loss was on the players.
The plays were drawn up and not executed.

superpunk

Reaction score
theebs;1911716 said:
I am on here everyday, why would I try to portray myself as a homer or non homer. I simply dont care if someone thinks I am either of those.

We lost because we couldnt make one play. One play out of about 5 that we blew and we win the game.

However, that has nothing to do with the fact that the giants did make that one play. they made it on offense when manning converted the third and 6 to toomer thanks to jacques reeves theory of tackling the reciever after he has the ball and not attacking the ball on a blitz. And then they made a play on the ball in the air on the last play of the game.

If the roles were reversed, and the giants had the ball on the 47 down 21-17 do you honestly believe we would have stopped them? I sure dont. They would have just continued to throw on reeves and williams if they had to. If they were more aggressive and wanted to throw more in the second half I firmly believe they could have scored more points, tds at that. I never saw or thought at any moment of that game that reeves or williams could or would ever make a stop if we needed one.

Reeves made one stop all game and ware was called offsides on that play.

so again, if the giants were down with the ball on our 47 I would have expected them to score because of their ability to almost pathetically be able to dictate the coverage and the guy they wanted by spreading us out and then throwing at williams or reeves.

I love this team, I make no bones about it, but they were horrendous in the second half. Just like in baseball, if your fundamentals are bad you will lose every time.

Essentially we see it the same way.

I just blame Dallas more than I credit New York. There were about 10-12 things that happened in that game that were completely within the Cowboys control, that could have tipped the game in their favor. In most cases the Giants had very little to do with preventing that from happening. Then, the officiating.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
theebs;1911716 said:
if your fundamentals are bad you will lose every time.
Why are their fundamentals bad? (I'm pretty sure you're not going to admit that the coaching was the big failure) But we'll agree to disagree.

That team made tons of mistakes. Greatly coached teams don't make those mistakes. Constant dropped passes..Missed assignments in the OLine blocking- bad routes (See Glenn and Romo on one play) penalties penalties penalties.

No matter how you slice it, our coaching staff got owned.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Let me add to that last post I made. I'm not going to bust on our coaches philosophy, I thought we had great plays called and they were not executed.

You are responsible for getting your team ready, and preparing them for the little things. Fundamentals, mental assignments. Not just the execution of the play itself, but the importance of each little detail. Wade was simply owned!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Clove;1911743 said:
Why are their fundamentals bad? (I'm pretty sure you're not going to admit that the coaching was the big failure) But we'll agree to disagree.

That team made tons of mistakes. Greatly coached teams don't make those mistakes. Constant dropped passes..Missed assignments in the OLine blocking- bad routes (See Glenn and Romo on one play) penalties penalties penalties.

No matter how you slice it, our coaching staff got owned.

When i say fundamentals I mean.

Tackling...
Self control.
execution.
recognition.

All of those were bad. In many areas and in the case of many players.

Its just misery for us. blame the coaches for the lack of fundamentals or the players, I guess it doesnt matter, it is just a matter of preference.

And for what it is worth, i dont blame the seattle loss on the coaches either, last year the types of things happened. For every good play we made two bad ones.

A bad interference on newman led to having the ball at the 1 and glenn fumbling, then the secondary basically giving seattle a td and then the fumble.

fundamentals and execution. they werent there in seattle and they certainly were not present sunday.

FCBarca

Reaction score
YoMick;1911618 said:
that the Giants got away with one in Dallas.

They have both stated that Dallas didnt have their A-game.

Meh... Just reporting from NY.

Is this what we're going to have to face for the next couple of weeks to months?...Observations from the pundits about how Dallas was the better team?

Come on, this is such a waste of time...Talk about spin...Even as fans, own losses and wins.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The better team lost - the team that played best won. We're out- they're in.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sarge;1911764 said:
The better team lost - the team that played best won. We're out- they're in.

Pretty much how I see it as well. Unlike other sports the NFL is a one game elimination and on Sunday the Giants did the things they needed to do to win the game and we didn't.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
FCBarca;1911762 said:
Is this what we're going to have to face for the next couple of weeks to months?...Observations from the pundits about how Dallas was the better team?

Come on, this is such a waste of time...Talk about spin...Even as fans, own losses and wins.

So dont post and you wont be wasting your time..... on.....a..... bulletin board :p:

FCBarca

Reaction score
YoMick;1911785 said:
So dont post and you wont be wasting your time..... on.....a..... bulletin board :p:

Better still, some could simply man up and accept defeats with the same kind of maturity that comes with winning.

Spin, it seems so many people get addicted to seeing things the way they want to, not the way they are. :p: