Mike Doss > Roy Williams

DefendeR

Benched
Reaction score
Ask that idiot the following...
If you were a GM,
Would you trade Roy Williams for Mike Doss?

AJM1613

Reaction score
Most non Cowboy fans think that Williams is overrated, I found myself standing up to him in an arguement with a Patriot fan who thought that he wasn't a top 5 safety. I spend too much time here.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Looks like that guy is alone in the fight. Mike Freaking Doss? The only safeties that are in RW's league is Dawkins and Reed, they are the only people that can make an argument for being better than Roy without everyone going"what?"

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Looks like that guy is alone in the fight. Mike Freaking Doss? The only safeties that are in RW's league is Dawkins and Reed, they are the only people that can make an argument for being better than Roy without everyone going"what?"

I have heard Taylor and Harrison's names in that conversation as well...

Taylor is an unproven rookie and Harrison, like many players on the Patriots, is automatically the best at his position because he won a championship. :rolleyes:

DCowboysGal

Corvette Slut
Reaction score
Rodney Harrison is really overrated. He can hit but that's about it. He's terrible in pass coverage and as slow as molasses.

AJM1613

Reaction score
DCowboysGal said:
Rodney Harrison is really overrated. He can hit but that's about it. He's terrible in pass coverage and as slow as molasses.

He is good against the run but he can't cover.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I have heard Taylor and Harrison's names in that conversation as well...

Taylor is an unproven rookie and Harrison, like many players on the Patriots, is automatically the best at his position because he won a championship. :rolleyes:
Maybe next year for taylor, but until he proves otherwise, then Im not worried about him. Harrison is so overrated its crazy.

Reaction score
I don't know how you can say a guy with 7 INTs in his first 2 seasons is not at least decent in coverage, but everyone has their opinions. Roy can cover, but he has room for improvement. Then again, so does every other player in the league.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Joshmvii said:
I don't know how you can say a guy with 7 INTs in his first 2 seasons is not at least decent in coverage, but everyone has their opinions. Roy can cover, but he has room for improvement. Then again, so does every other player in the league.

There is a huge difference between intercepting passes and covering people.

The Commanders will eventually be able to leave Taylor 1 on 1 with another receiver and not worry about double covering him. Same with Dawkins and Reed.

Roy isn't as fast as the rest of the safeties I just mentioned, but he shouldn't be, he is the size of a linebacker.

Cory Chavous, Tony Parrish, and Darren Sharper all have great hands and intercept passes, but they are hardly ever mentioned as top 5 safeties.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
He blitzes better and hits harder, but yes he was right.
Uhh, no. Roy doesn't struggle in coverage. Roy is average in coverage. Roy's weakness is exaggerated because he has to play FS. If roy got to play SS and be the 8th man the majority of the time, hed be the undisputed best safety imo...

DefendeR

Benched
Reaction score
RW31 said:
Uhh, no. Roy doesn't struggle in coverage. Roy is average in coverage. Roy's weakness is exaggerated because he has to play FS. If roy got to play SS and be the 8th man the majority of the time, hed be the undisputed best safety imo...

You are correct.