Video: MIke Fisher - Dalton Cheap Shot Shows What Drives Cowboys - Nothing

Zordon

Reaction score
If it was Dak maybe a guy would’ve reacted.....as you can see by the play this team doesn’t look at Dalton as one of them. Hell this team may not even consider themselves a team. McCarthy lost the team that Jerry built.
Trust, the cowards would have reacted the same if it was Dak

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
This makes me wonder if there are a lot of the previous regimes players that are mad Garrett was let go..::and they are bad blood....the young guys are going to follow them...

probably time to clean house and start over

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Not sure what McCarthy and whatever faults he possesses has to do with guys not protecting their fallen Brother on the field. Players are supposed to have a bond. You don't leave a teammate down without picking him up. You take a stand for a Brother who has been jacked by a pos. I have never seen anything like that at any level of play. Disgraceful and so very telling of the state of this franchise.

Zordon

Reaction score
Im dying to know what happened that made mike fisher hate McCarthy. McCarthy is really miserable with the local guys here and I bet fisher took offense to it and is now on a daily mission to talk crap about him. Its pretty hilarious.

McCarthy was extremely rude and miserable to Brad Sham in the coaches segment of the pregame show in week 2. It was kind of odd how rude he was to Brad. He seems to have relaxed around Brad since then.
A few days ago, I went back and looked at a few of MM's pressers in Green Bay to compare because....yeah, I noticed the same thing as you - MM seems really miserable during his daily pressers. Idk, I think the injuries have really caught him off guard. FWIW, he wasn't a ray of sunshine during his GB days either, but I didn't notice the constant level of irritation that I see from him now.

I hope he's prepared for this upcoming week because it's going to get ugly around here. Starting today, there's going to be an avalanche of criticism coming from the national media re: this Dalton play. Guys like Keyshawn Johnson, Bart Scott, and Shannon Sharpe are going to once again question the manhood of his team. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of ex-players spoke out as well. I hope he's ready to handle it all. I noticed last night he cut off some of the questioning around it in the postgame.

Last edited by a moderator:

cowboyed

Reaction score
I really don't think McCarthy knew what he was getting into as far as the media is concerned. The drama that the head football coach has to deal with in Dallas with Jerry running the show is no cakewalk.

Running the show in the field is McCarthy. McClay and Stephen Jones are the defacto general managers. It has been management by committee for years now. Jerry is a figure head or a talking head, take your pick. It is not so much ego as he is a life long promoter. At 78 he can't handle the load even if he wanted to. If Jerry was completely running the show he would have kept Garrett. McCarthy picked or retained all of the coaches or coordinators. When you have a high profile team you will always have more media attention no matter who is owning the team.

Except for the teams that stayed mostly intact and suffered less injuries this has been a very difficult year to get started. This team has been obliterated by injuries. No normal pre-season, not an ideal time to bond and become a cohesive unit.We know this from our personal lives, there is an aura of estrangement these days and disarray. I think players on all sides of the ball were so invested in Dak that losing him sucked the wind out of them and they will be indifferent to any replacements until success and time changes things.

The worst thing about that nasty, illegal hit on Dalton, with Cowboys players not reacting strongly against the WFT defense, is that Andy Dalton will know the stark reality of this, when he sees the film even before he gets back to quarterbacking.

Last edited by a moderator:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
If it was Dak maybe a guy would’ve reacted.....as you can see by the play this team doesn’t look at Dalton as one of them. Hell this team may not even consider themselves a team. McCarthy lost the team that Jerry built.

Anyone trying to blame McCarthy or trying to say the team would have reacted if it was Dak are simply making excuses for what was obvious on the field yesterday:

the Dallas Cowboys are a heartless, soulless, balless team who care nothing about their TEAM but rather only about themselves as individuals.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He just finished yelling at players on the sideline a few minutes earlier. No one is going to fight for the red BB gun.

I see, so because the pathetic OL got yelled at their balls are going to crawl back up into their insides? They deserved to get yelled at as they were allowing sack after sack and eventually it got Dalton injured.

MikeB80

Reaction score
To be fair, I have heard that Brad Sham is an absolute Rick with a P, if you know what I mean...
I don't know the guy but I've read it from other posters in the comments here in the past..... don't shoot the messenger I'm just passing along what I have read from other people....also I'm not trying to stick up for Mac, not a fan of him either but was open to giving him a chance. Mac sucks

That is dealing with fans. This is him doing his job. Totally different thing. The guy is a legend and has been interviewing coaches and players on gameday for over 40 years. Mccarthy was mad he asked him real questions and not fluff questions.

I think someone said something to him because his tone is completely different with brad now or at least it has been the last few weeks during the pregame.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Fish has been bitter every since they fired his buddy Jason Garrett.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I have never seen a coach lose his team so quickly and I have never seen a team play hard for a coach after quitting on him. There is no way for MM to recover from this and still be respected by the players. They don’t respect him now and I doubt that they ever have. The players sure haven’t bought into Nolan or his defensive scheme and their level of play has reflected that.
From everything I've read or seen in videos you are definitely correct.

I picked a good year to give up watching sports. I would hate to be sitting through these terrible loses, instead I'm getting more done on Sunday's than I have in years.

Reactions: JPM

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Several edits have been done. Do not comment further about the pandemic outside the Coronavirus Zone. Prevent the thread from being moved there because of doing so.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Dalton, he just gave his body up for this team. And you are talking about they don’t look at him as one of them. Lol. I don’t look at any of those guys as Dallas Cowboys just a bunch of frauds out there. Check collecting losers.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Not sure what McCarthy and whatever faults he possesses has to do with guys not protecting their fallen Brother on the field. Players are supposed to have a bond. You don't leave a teammate down without picking him up. You take a stand for a Brother who has been jacked by a pos. I have never seen anything like that at any level of play. Disgraceful and so very telling of the state of this franchise.
I agree, but how many times did we see the same thing happen to Romo? Later in his career once he didn't have Adams and Columbo? This team hasn't had fire in some time. Something seems to happen to a players passion once they become Cowboys. I really don't understand it.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Definitely my least favorite Cowboy team of all time. Pretty hard to find anything to like about it.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I see, so because the pathetic OL got yelled at their balls are going to crawl back up into their insides? They deserved to get yelled at as they were allowing sack after sack and eventually it got Dalton injured.

The Dinucci era begins! Sound familiar?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
This team is really getting bullied out there each week. Cowboy players do not stick up for themselves let alone their team mates. After each play Cowboy players are laying on the ground. They are getting injured because they are getting abused each week. Our team is pretty pathetic really. I bet we would be a devastating flag football team though.