Mike Golic's take on steroids in football vs. steroids in baseball

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Eddie said:
Hos, I wouldn't take SI's word as a journal of medicine. They're just sports reporters looking for the latest smash.

Alzado's brain cancer had nothing to do with his steroid and GH use.
I wasn't taking SI's word for it Eddie. Alzado in that article blamed steroids and HGH and said that was where he got the cancer.

Blame Alzado if you wish. He's the source of what I posted. I'll gladly search for the article tonight if you are interested. If not, cool too.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
fortdick said:
You simply cannot compete in the NFL without taking roids. Baseball is a quick muscle game, while football, for the most part, is a strength game. With the size and strength of your opponent being the greatest concern, you do what you have to to compete.

Like the DE in the movie The Program. You don't use them, you don't play.

Baseball doesn't have the physical pounding you have in football, but it has much more of a grind. Those guys are playing nearly everyday for 6 months. MLB not only is testing for steroids but this year also for amphetamines. It'll be interesting to see if guys really start slowing down in the second half of the season.

fortdick

Reaction score
NorthTexan95 said:
Baseball doesn't have the physical pounding you have in football, but it has much more of a grind. Those guys are playing nearly everyday for 6 months. MLB not only is testing for steroids but this year also for amphetamines. It'll be interesting to see if guys really start slowing down in the second half of the season.

That is why greenies are the drug of choice for baseball. A little dexamil and you were good to go. Artifical adredenalin. Roids actually hurt in most cases. When I was pitching in the MEts organization, I had to take some roids for an elbow injury. Just way to jumpy and out of control to throw strikes.

Bulk and all that may be good for a DH, but not for much else. Baseball needs fast twitch and flexibility. Football needs strength and fast recovery. Custom situation for roids!

CowboyMark

Reaction score
Even though lineman aren't publicized liked other positions are there are still hall of famers in football. Who's to say Art Shell or Anthony Munoz were really that good.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Baseball is a lousy sport anyway. Let 'em do whatever they want.

What happens when baseball players take steroids and forget to work out?

david%20wells%20toronto.jpg

badblood.jpg