Mike Martz resigning

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me a bit. The I don't think he's a good coach a great OC but not head coach. I hope he gets better.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rams | Martz Steps Aside Indefinitely due to Heart Condition
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:06:46 -0700

The NFL Network reports St. Louis Rams head coach Mike Martz is stepping aside indefinitely from the team's head coaching position due to issues with an infection in his heart valve tissue. He is being admitted into the hospital and will not be able to work with the team.

Rams | Martz Back in Hospital Receiving Treatment
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:36:11 -0700

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports St. Louis Rams head coach Mike Martz is back in the hospital receiving treatment for the infection in his heart valve tissue. His Monday, Oct. 10, press conference for 3 p.m. has been canceled and Rams team president John Shaw is scheduled to speak at 5 p.m.

Hiero

Reaction score
sorry to hear about his heart. the guy is an amazing offensive mind, he just couldnt put it all together imo.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Wow, may God Bless and may he have a speedy recovery.........

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I hope the best for Martz. He is a good coach but stubborn to a degree that hurts his team.

Maybe the offense can get a little more balanced now that he is out of the way. They mentioned yesterday during the Seattle game that the OC was ready to step in w/ his own game plan should Martz not make it.

The announcers both said that each game plan was vastly different than the others. One then said. Yep. One has alot more run.

Gee - I wonder whos that was? =)

Get well Martz.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I had a heart valve infection at one point in my life. It was hell to diagnose and and treat. I empathize with Martz. He has something similar going on.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Best of luck to Martz... I know he's kind of wacky, but I've always liked him. I think he should be fine with some serious antibiotics, 24 hour medical attention, and a lot of rest. It's just that he can't try to coach with this.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
On ESPN radio they said he wasn't resigning, but rather stepping down for 4-6 weeks while he was being treated...

Godspeed to his quick recovery...

Duane

Reaction score
Great offensive mind, terrible head coach. He's kind of like the offensive Campo.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Yeah speedy recovery for Martz. One of the best if not the best offensive mind in the game

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I hope everything works out great for the Rams coach Martz......God bless

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Get well soon

Ok now to the good news. This is good news for one of my ffl teams. I have Stephen Jackson :D

baj1dallas

Reaction score
This hurts the Rams even more, who is gonna provide their leadership now? Faulk is a hell of a human being but without Martz, who can be the tough guy there to keep the kids in line?