Video: Mike McCarthy is not a fit in today's NFL, Cowboys need a rebuild

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And he was..and still is. How are things working out for the Giants?
That’s not the argument. Your simply trying to detract. This is about the Dallas Cowboys.

But Garrett isn’t the HC in NY. That’s not on him.

I’d argue we were in much better shape with Garrett than what we’ve seen thus far with McCarthy.

Jethro has always been the core problem .

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
His defenses were putrid in Green Bay as well, might as well just promote Moore then. He said something publicly a week or 2 ago about he has to be careful not to step on Moore's toes. I took that to mean it is Moore's offense and he he's not providing too much input if any.

My opinion is all
Green Bay never had a defense this poor.
It's been 6 games with no off season and a ton of injuries, I'm willing to give him a realistic chance. At least a season.

HungryLion

Reaction score
McCarthy’s issue is two things. 1. His roster isn’t that great and it’s decimated by injuries. 2. He hired the wrong defensive coordinator.

I hope he hires a better DC.

Hiring the assistant coaches that all fit together And managing those coaches, is one of the more important responsibilities of a head coach.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Can't stand this man. He said the same about McVay & Shanahan the first year they both took over their new teams. They didn't do squat either & they had preseason to prepare their new teams.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What on earth are you talking about? The offense would start slow and go through entire quarters without any positive gains and turn the ball over. Claiming it's #1 based on them having to throw it 50+ times is meaningless.
So it's the fault of the offense to have to overcome a large point differential? Lol, Ok. The "started slow" theory grossly ignores the defense, special teams, field position and where the offense had to start.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Buy whatever you want. McCarthy isn't the problem. Garrett wasn't the problem. Wade wasn't the problem.

How many changes do some of you need to see the big picture? :rolleyes:
More than 6 games before I scream the answer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
McCarthy gets at least one more season. For a variety of reasons beginning with Pandemic , rash of injuries and Dak of course. Next year the leash might be shorter.

In the meantime there will be some scapegoats like Nolan.

HungryLion

Reaction score
So it's the fault of the offense to have to overcome a large point differential? Lol, Ok. The "started slow" theory grossly ignores the defense, special teams, field position and where the offense had to start.

The “slow start” narrative is also BS because it ignores that the cowboys were scoring 15 in the first halves of games when Dak was health.

15 points is a solid amount for a half of football. It averages out to 30 ppg which should be more than enough to win the large majority of games.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
McCarthy’s issue is two things. 1. His roster isn’t that great and it’s decimated by injuries. 2. He hired the wrong defensive coordinator. I hope he hires a better DC.

Hiring the assistant coaches that all fit together And managing those coaches, is one of the more important responsibilities of a head coach.
Why he held on to Moore is a head scratcher as well. MM will be fine. He needs time to repair this disfuncual team from Garrett. Something that's impossible to do without preseason & 6 regular games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the bigger question : is McCarthy the answer once things return to some sort of normalcy hopefully next year. That’s when the real pressure begins.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why he held on to Moore is a head head scratcher as well. MM will be fine. He needs time to repair this disfuncual team from Garrett. Something that's impossible to do without preseason & 6 regular games.
That’s assuming of course Garrett was the core of the dysfunction.

Most critics would site our ownership as the core of the dysfunctional organization as they have been the one constant this generation of how many head coaches now since our last championship.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The “slow start” narrative is also BS because it ignores that the cowboys were scoring 15 in the first halves of games when Dak was health.

15 points is a solid amount for a half of football. It averages out to 30 ppg which should be more than enough to win the large majority of games.
Yep, get ready for the "garbage time" argument next.
It's the defense, it's always been about the defense. Next, the special teams. The worst in the NFL.
Yet we were still competitive.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Reliable sources is how often the truth gets out.

Do fans even want to know the truth if it doesn’t align with their views? Makes you wonder.

How long does it take for fans to fully realize that it doesn't matter what they think in most cases?

Jerry and Stephen do whatever they see fit. Fans were knocking JG for a decade before he left.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is actually one of his better bits and he knows Booger will never admit to a rebuild because that admits to failure when the window was open.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
ok this is herd rambling on, and he is a talking head, but in this one
he actually made a little sense. worth watching.

Jerry is not going to admit mistake. not this quickly. mike got a 5 year deal. jones is not going to pay for 4 years of salary. Mike is here at least 4 years....and mediocrity continues

cowboyed

Reaction score
He's right but our owner is 80 years old so we're not getting a rebuild. Enjoy years and years of more of the same.

Jerry is 78 years old and he probably thinks McCarthy is just a young punk at 56.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I think MM played a little too much politician trying to get in by letting Moore stay. Like DandyDon pointed out, what's the point of getting an offensive minded coach only for him to delegate that to the previous regime? Might as well have went with a D minded coach, etc. This team looks worse than ever but don't see who JJ could hire in the off season if they really went one and done with MM.

I bet JJ wants to go with Moore similar to JG but it's a tad too early. He can keep MM and Moore for another couple of seasons bf the eventual transition. JJ doesn't like paying coaches after the fact so see MM being here 3 years min.

Last edited: