Twitter: Mike McCarthy Postgame Presser - 10/25/2020

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I feel the problem on offense is this team has been decimated by injuries and every one of their OL is subpar, center is just a rookie learning the ropes in the heat of battle. He is the only keeper. Zeke is a head case now but with millions in the bank and Pollard is not an every down back. Even CeeDee is contracting the who cares virus and is losing focus. On defense, they are not playing as a team. Heck they all seem to be free lancing and making own decisions on what to do. And then when you have players not putting in 100%, it affects the other players as well. Football 101... This is a a tumbleweed growing bigger and bigger for MM. And MM has put his neck in the hands of Kellen Moore and Mike Nolan. Man, I would think this would not end well. But JJ will not fire MM after one miserable season, especially due to 2020. This is like watching a train wreck every week, you just cannot look away. LOL, stay tuned for next week, PRIMETIME BABY.....

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Coach, it's obvious your team will not improve by maintaining course. You need to get a new DC in, simplify the scheme and sit the players not showing effort on tape. Winning doesn't matter now. Fixing the culture and gaining some respect does. The product on the field now is unacceptable. If you still lose but manage to bloody some noses on the opposition's side, that will be an improvement.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Holy crap. DiNucci vs. Wentz.

bzaflp0rp3bmcdh6noxn.gif

stinkface

Reaction score
I feel the problem on offense is this team has been decimated by injuries and every one of their OL is subpar, center is just a rookie learning the ropes in the heat of battle. He is the only keeper. Zeke is a head case now but with millions in the bank and Pollard is not an every down back. Even CeeDee is contracting the who cares virus and is losing focus. On defense, they are not playing as a team. Heck they all seem to be free lancing and making own decisions on what to do. And then when you have players not putting in 100%, it affects the other players as well. Football 101... This is a a tumbleweed growing bigger and bigger for MM. And MM has put his neck in the hands of Kellen Moore and Mike Nolan. Man, I would think this would not end well. But JJ will not fire MM after one miserable season, especially due to 2020. This is like watching a train wreck every week, you just cannot look away. LOL, stay tuned for next week, PRIMETIME BABY.....

The reality is none of the 5 O line starters today should be starting at this point in their careers. That is the biggest problem, other then the fact that the defense is one of the worst in the league.

Creeper

Reaction score
They should get Zack Martin back next week at least. Then they need to see if they have anything bet to play RT. If they have to try everyone, including Connor Williams out there then do it. They aren;t going to win anything with DiNucci at QB anyway but at least they can try to keep him alive untill Dalton is ready to play again.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
We like our guys. I would be surprised if any of that happens. Players will be let go. low level guys may be cut but won't much change. We will blame it on "no offseason".

Plus Dak going down. Remember Jerry laid down the excuse card after the Giants game. It wouldn't surprise me if everyone is safe. It sounds like a stupid joke, but this is Jerry Jones we're talking about.

75boyz

Reaction score
I would have asked: Sooooo what does your analytics say about losing your team in the locker 6 games in to your first season. What % do you have to retain your job since you studied analytics for a year.

Or maybe Did you realize what percentage of games Aaron Rodgers won for you at your previous job and do you find it interesting that he has continued to thrive under last year's first year head coach, now second year coach?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm willing to give him a little leash on the offense as the team is stacked with injuries and on a 3rd string QB, but, he should be fire/shuffling coaches on the defensive side of the ball. The defense is an absolute train wreck with zero sign of improving. Nobody is executing. Change can't possibly hurt.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry.....Stephen...Mike....Id on't know how you get out of this mess.....but this is the worst football I've seen from this franchise. Worse than the Campo years.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Jerry.....Stephen...Mike....Id on't know how you get out of this mess.....but this is the worst football I've seen from this franchise. Worse than the Campo years.

You fight through it......imagine being MM, tyring to hold this team together.......not easy, easy at all. The offence is now reduced to the point we can't even get in the end zone. There's no quick solution.....

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
One way to get better Mike is fire your buddy. He's not a good DC. Geezus.

Firing personnel is a Jerry decision. If McCarthy wants it, he should demand it publicly if Jerry refuses. Similary for Nolan - if he want's to sit/cut players and Jerry refuses, he should take it public.

If the boss won't let you do what needs to be done, you don't have to fall on your sword for his mistake.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Well why not?? it has been 6 weeks with no improvement, and it is getting worse weekly.
Dont you think it might have something to do with coaching? DC/OC?????????????:facepalm:

Well mike it has crossed everyones mind but yours !!!!!!:eek:
lol what are the analytics on that happening?????
Good grief you are slow of mind lol, too slow to be HC!:hammer:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'd suspend the guy who nailed him for the rest of the season.

Nah, that aint how Goddel rolls.

He will get a 10K fine slap on the wrist because it was Dalton.

Now if he did that chit to Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady, dude would get a lifetime ban, LOL.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We are running out of time?

Are you stupid Mike? You ran out of time. You just lost by 22 to a bad Washington football team.

The goal for this year should be to start looking like a professional football team. Cut out the loafers and mentally deficient. If that means bringing up PS players, that's fine.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The goal for this year should be to start looking like a professional football team. Cut out the loafers and mentally deficient. If that means bringing up PS players, that's fine.

It won't happen because this organization has a cancer by the name OF Jerry Jones. It begins and ends with him.