Mike McDaniel Query

BermyStar

Reaction score
I've been stalking Dolphins and 49ers fan sites hoping to get insight into what each fan base is hearing with regard to Miami's coaching search.

I had a random thought in the process. What if the Dolphins choose Kellen (not the clubhouse favorite in Miami, but certainly still plausible)? Would Mike McDaniel want to make the lateral move to be the Cowboys OC? He doesn't call plays in SF so it would be an upgrade in that regard, if Mcarthy gave him the same autonomy he gives Kellen.

This isn't me saying I want Kellen gone or I want McDaniel to take over. Just contemplating and sharing for thoughts from the board.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've been stalking Dolphins and 49ers fan sites hoping to get insight into what each fan base is hearing with regard to Miami's coaching search.

I had a random thought in the process. What if the Dolphins choose Kellen (not the clubhouse favorite in Miami, but certainly still plausible)? Would Mike McDaniel want to make the lateral move to be the Cowboys OC? He doesn't call plays in SF so it would be an upgrade in that regard, if Mcarthy gave him the same autonomy he gives Kellen.

This isn't me saying I want Kellen gone or I want McDaniel to take over. Just contemplating and sharing for thoughts from the board.
I want Kellen gone.Didn’t show any ability to adjust to what D was doing or were his hands tied?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

id highly doubt it. He’s literally worked with a Shannahan at every single stop in his career and they are the reason he got into coaching. Further more he’s already a head coaching candidate not calling the plays and he could actually do damage to his career with a higher responsibility and he’s not good at it. It’s safer for him to stay in San Fran and he’ll eventually get a chance to be a HC.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The fact that the niners already hired Anthony Lynn is telling to me. Mcdaniels will get the dolphin job imo

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
id highly doubt it. He’s literally worked with a Shannahan at every single stop in his career and they are the reason he got into coaching. Further more he’s already a head coaching candidate not calling the plays and he could actually do damage to his career with a higher responsibility and he’s not good at it. It’s safer for him to stay in San Fran and he’ll eventually get a chance to be a HC.
Give him a solid QB and he’ll do some damage.

BermyStar

Reaction score
I want Kellen gone.Didn’t show any ability to adjust to what D was doing or were his hands tied?
I think it's a good opportunity to grow. He's still pretty wet behind the ears. If he was a veteran coach I'd be more worried.