Mike Mularkey as an asst. here?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
From a playoff winning coach to an assistant with the clapper. My how the mighty have fallen.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
He would be a fantastic tight end coach here.

The question is why in the world would he step back to a positional coach.

He checks the boxes though. He was with Garrett in Miami under saban.

Lifelong tight end coach and played in the nfl. Would be a great hire

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
He would be a fantastic tight end coach here.

The question is why in the world would he step back to a positional coach.

He checks the boxes though. He was with Garrett in Miami under saban.

Lifelong tight end coach and played in the nfl. Would be a great hire

Yeah, not likely interested in a demotion. I kind of like Pete Metzelaars who we interviewed. Hard nosed player, Wiiten type in that respect. Coached Antonio Gates in San Diego as a TE coach. Been an OC. Coached under Frank Reich. Not bad. A step up IMO

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, not likely interested in a demotion. I kind of like Pete Metzelaars who we interviewed. Hard nosed player, Wiiten type in that respect. Coached Antonio Gates in San Diego as a TE coach. Been an OC. Coached under Frank Reich. Not bad. A step up IMO

Oddly he has taken demotions before so he must really love coaching and the lifestyle.

Metzelaars is interesting to me. I think the organization is going to really put resources into getting better up front and a big part of that is tight ends. Metzelaars has a history of coaching the line and tight end so he seems like a very nice fit.

No idea what his chances are of getting hired here but he has experience much like Mularkey would be a good fit.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Oddly he has taken demotions before so he must really love coaching and the lifestyle.

Metzelaars is interesting to me. I think the organization is going to really put resources into getting better up front and a big part of that is tight ends. Metzelaars has a history of coaching the line and tight end so he seems like a very nice fit.

No idea what his chances are of getting hired here but he has experience much like Mularkey would be a good fit.

Like your thought process. Kind of like Alexander as O-line coach. Not crazy about the idea of Moore as QB coach but not confirmed yet. Kind of luke warm on Lal but I was luke warm on Dooley too

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Like your thought process. Kind of like Alexander as O-line coach. Not crazy about the idea of Moore as QB coach but not confirmed yet. Kind of luke warm on Lal but I was luke warm on Dooley too
I think Todd Downing could be a name at QB coach. He has extensive Linehan ties.