Mike Nolan has to go. George Edwards?

Majic

Reaction score
I’m usually not an advocate for mid-season coaching changes, but we are approaching that territory for defensive coordinator.

Coming into the season I realistically expected the D to be mediocre to start with potential to improve throughout, ending up average/middle of the road.

But after 5 games we are objectively HORRIBLE.
Absolutely atrocious.
The only things this defense does consistently is give up yards and give up points.

We do not regularly force punts or takeaways.
We don’t have “ball hawk” type plays. We don’t get many “explosive” or game changing type plays. We give up points at the end of the 1st half pretty much every game I think.

This board largely despised Marinelli and K Richard by the end of their tenure.....but these new guys are somehow worse. I don’t think many people expected that.

Marinelli and Richard had much more to work with, they didn't have injuries like this. There were signs of improvement yesterday. Really hard to evaluate what Nolan is trying to do at the moment, but they did only give up 14 points to TD'S from the Giants Offense

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I’m usually not an advocate for mid-season coaching changes, but we are approaching that territory for defensive coordinator.

Coming into the season I realistically expected the D to be mediocre to start with potential to improve throughout, ending up average/middle of the road.

But after 5 games we are objectively HORRIBLE.
Absolutely atrocious.
The only things this defense does consistently is give up yards and give up points.

We do not regularly force punts or takeaways.
We don’t have “ball hawk” type plays. We don’t get many “explosive” or game changing type plays. We give up points at the end of the 1st half pretty much every game I think.

This board largely despised Marinelli and K Richard by the end of their tenure.....but these new guys are somehow worse. I don’t think many people expected that.
Anyone who understands the importance of practice and first string players did. Last years players weren’t very good on defense. This year they’re doing a complete scheme change and had no practice. Then when they did get to the games they lost 5 starters.

On top of that all the FA DL acquisitions haven’t worked out.

Poe - bad
Griffen - bad (did you see the Engram TD)
McCoy - hurt

Now Hill is hurt.

If Worley and Lewis are two of your starting CBs you’re screwed.

This isn’t a scheme problem as much as it is the players aren’t good enough. In today’s NFL what scheme protects Worley?

Dre11

Reaction score
any dc is going to have the same crew to work with.