Signed by Cowboys Mike Nolan is our new Defensive Coordinator

Carson

Reaction score
I'm sure she had more than one!!! Lol

giphy.gif

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
He better bring some better schemes, some deception, and some disguised coverages.

At this point, I don't think it can get worse than Rod's schemes anyway.....so the bar is low.

Even if the stats aren't as good (they give up more yards, or even points), as long as they bring an identity, aggression and a ball-hawk mentality, I'll take it. BBDB just prevents teams from winning...because it's just too much backpedaling (and then THAT becomes your identity, all game long - Booooo!)

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Cool. Now I wonder what he's going to do with the D and these players.
What kind of scheme is he going to bring with him?
Aggressive but he will need to solidify the secondary because he relies on man and blanket coverage to bring the heat up front:

Unlike the passive coverages and blitzes seen under Van Gorder, Mike Nolan employs a tenacious defense bent on pressuring the QB and overwhelming the offensive line. This involves blitzes from the LB corps, and coordination amongst the Front Seven. Nolan's aggressiveness leaves the secondary in some tight positions, relying on man coverage with safety blankets from the safeties. Thus with a solid secondary, Nolan is allowed to be more creative with his blitzes.

From his Atlanta stint...