Mike Preaching at 7:11

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah Mike can gyrate all he wants but Pollard should get the bulk of the carries. Nobody is saying Zeke shouldn't play and we don't really care who is out there on the first play, but he damn sure shouldn't be the one touching the ball the most throughout the game. No matter what that does to the Prescott/Elliott household.

Qcard

Reaction score
Preacher: Michael Irvin
Reader: Molly
Converted Dak Hater: Orlovsky
Sermon Title: Meritocracy

1This is what Sovereign Cowboy Leadership says. To Cowboy Fans of this generation, whom know not what championship lockerrooms

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Pollard doesn't need to get 30 touches a game but it should be a priority to feature him more and make sure he gets 15-plus touches a game.

Zeke has no business being the primary back at this point in their careers.

CWR

Reaction score
Pollard 70/30 sorry Mike
We know you parrot Jerry

I'm with you, but let's keep him fresh until playoff time, with the exception of a couple big games and when we are struggling. Preserve TP for the run.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This is so stupid.

Irvin is trying to be like Stephen A Schmuck now. Next thing you know he'll be across from Sayless, pretending Skip has a brain.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Pollard doesn't need to get 30 touches a game but it should be a priority to feature him more and make sure he gets 15-plus touches a game.

Zeke has no business being the primary back at this point in their careers.

Couldn't agree more..

JBS

Reaction score
Yeah Mike can gyrate all he wants but Pollard should get the bulk of the carries. Nobody is saying Zeke shouldn't play and we don't really care who is out there on the first play, but he damn sure shouldn't be the one touching the ball the most throughout the game. No matter what that does to the Prescott/Elliott household.
The coaches know this and they’re doing their best to please jerry and give pollard the ball more. Even before zeke got hurt, pollard was getting a larger workload.

manster4ever

Reaction score
The coaches know this and they’re doing their best to please jerry and give pollard the ball more. Even before zeke got hurt, pollard was getting a larger workload.

Yep, and the nice thing is they appear to really be aware of not overworking him. They gave Malik Davis some decent reps yesterday too and I thought he was solid enough. Personally, I don't think Pollard is a bell cow kind of back...he's not big and/or durable enough but that's ok because as we all know he brings so much to the table he doesn't have to be. Please tell me they'll tag this guy next year if they don't re-sign him. Better not let him walk. Eagles will probably try and sign him.

JBS

Reaction score
Yep, and the nice thing is they appear to really be aware of not overworking him. They gave Malik Davis some decent reps yesterday too and I thought he was solid enough. Personally, I don't think Pollard is a bell cow kind of back...he's not big and/or durable enough but that's ok because as we all know he brings so much to the table he doesn't have to be. Please tell me they'll tag this guy next year if they don't re-sign him. Better not let him walk. Eagles will probably try and sign him.
He’s not a bell cow based on what? He’s not durable based on what?

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
yesterday I was thinking this was going to be a blessing in disguise...finally we're in a situation where Pollard needs to and will highlight his potential as he is entering his UFA year

on top of that, zeke in street clothes letting the gameplan focus on tony only showed that his salary is the only thing keeping him on the field for anyone that had a seperate agenda and now this is the story the media is running with and no one can avoid/hide it any longer...you guys got to remember no one watches every game like we do so having this as a national story really puts more stress on his uncertain future and contract status going into 2023 as he is nationally labeled expendable and that is how this organization gets rid of high priced players

manster4ever

Reaction score
He’s not a bell cow based on what? He’s not durable based on what?

He's been nicked up and missed a few games before and frankly, it's based on common sense. Dude isn't big enough to get 20 carries a game and last the whole season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sorry Dez but this is not the best Cowboys team since the 90s.

JBS

Reaction score
He's been nicked up and missed a few games before and frankly, it's based on common sense. Dude isn't big enough to get 20 carries a game and last the whole season.
Wrong wrong and wrong. Keep trying.