Mike Rhyner of KTCK 1310 The Ticket is Retiring

the_h0wey

Reaction score
I remember when he was the news/sports guy, actually an intern, on the old KZEW Labella and Rody morning show and they were a client of mine and I was down there one morning when Joe Walsh was sitting in on the show, actually doing the show, and I walked into the side studio and Mike was sitting there and I asked him "hey, what's up" and he replied in his deadpan way "oh, just watching Joe smoke a joint in the studio". Sure enough, he was and Mike was watching him. That was in late 1979 and there were guys doing hard time for getting caught with a roach in their ashtray. I stood there and Joe looked in and just waved at us and we waved back.

There wasn't a cooler dude in the world than Joe Walsh in 79. Great story. My favorite personal memory of Mike is when I was ten years old and I had him sign a Rangers game program that had him and the Hammer on a page. He signed it "To Josh my favorite squid".

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Sports talk radio in Dallas was way overdue when he helped start the Ticket. I'm sure we would have eventually gotten an all sports station had the Ticket not been incepted, but the Ticket is a cult in DFW. The sad thing still is the Hardline at its best was broken up over 10 years ago when Greggo did his thing. I think the Ticket is in a bind because I don't think Corby can be the lead on the drivetime slot. They have to get a hot personality in there somehow to survive. I think the Fan had finally caught them in the ratings. I will definitely miss the Old Grey Wolf. Cuddos on slipping in this list of return cuts on his last show on Dec. 10 and nobody caught it:
Let’s Go - The Cars
Goodbye To You - Scandal
So Long - Firefall
Everytime You Go Away - Paul Young
Time To Move On - Tom Petty
Face Away - Todd Rundgren
I’ve Had Enough - The Who
It’s Over - Roy Orbison

Not sure what you are looking at but the Ticket still blows the Fan away by quite a bit in ratings and the Fan just lost their best show (Ben and Skin)

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Not gonna lie.
That video nearly made me choke back tears.

Another kink in the fabric of D/FW is torn away.
It's going to be a kick in the teeth when Norm finally hangs them up also.
I always wondered if your name was Ticket related

Pokeness

Reaction score
Not sure what you are looking at but the Ticket still blows the Fan away by quite a bit in ratings and the Fan just lost their best show (Ben and Skin)
I think I read it on TheTicket subreddit. Where does one go to see DFW radio ratings?