Mike Tomlin Updates

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Year left on contract. Wouldn’t have to give up much.

Not sure what this means with him walking off on contract question.

only negative is a lot like Mike McCarthy, and I don’t mean that just because they’re both Pittsburgh guys, but they do seem similar.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This player interview reminds me what our players would say about Coach Mac.

mldardy

Reaction score
I don't think he's like MMC at all. Tomlin seems to instill discipline and no nonsense. He wouldn't tolerate a lot of the crap that MMC does. He also wouldn't tolerate the stuff the Jones boys do.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I don't think he's like MMC at all. Tomlin seems to instill discipline and no nonsense. He wouldn't tolerate a lot of the crap that MMC does. He also wouldn't tolerate the stuff the Jones boys do.
Might get better results on penalties. Has some good results in 2023 and 2020. But similar results as our team in 2021 and 2022. Im not sure he’d work well with the Jones Boys either which is why I want him. LOL

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
The results will be the same as McCarthy. Tomlin can get you to the playoffs every year but they won't go far. I don't trust his evaluation of coordinators either...keeping Matt Canada around as their OC for too long was a big red flag.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
just heard on Mad Dog radio, he has told the team he will return next year

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Yeah. Off the table. Telling you though…. As long as he still has the drive, this guy is Andy Reid waiting to happen again. Although he won 2 Super Bowls already.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yeah. Off the table. Telling you though…. As long as he still has the drive, this guy is Andy Reid waiting to happen again. Although he won 2 Super Bowls already.
Tomlin is 1-1 in Super Bowls. He lost to McCarthy's Packers.