News: Mike Zimmer's Vikings Coaching Staff Drafted Jayron Kearse

Qcard

Reaction score

Why hasn't Jayron bolted to Commanders?

Why didn't Zimmer retain Kearse?

Could this be a reboot??

Jayron let Zimmer down and was very remorseful.. causing Cowboys to show interest in FA 2020

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/n...responds-to-cb-jayron-kearses-arrest-charges/

"I'm very, very ticked off," Zimmer told reporters in his first comments about the incident. "Since I've been here the last six years, I've worked extremely hard to clean up the reputation of this organization, this team off the field. We've put in a lot of resources for them to not have these kind of issues, and for them to do that is really idiotic."

Qcard

Reaction score
He wasn't that good last year. He looked slow.
Dude..Nobody on defense looked like a football player against Packers.

But you are right...I think the slow play was due to uncertainty NOT athleticism.....This team didn't have a MLB aka Defense QB.

starfan1

Reaction score
could have sworn i seen something that said we offered him a contract again.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Why hasn't Jayron bolted to Commanders?

Why didn't Zimmer retain Kearse?

Could this be a reboot??

Jayron let Zimmer down and was very remorseful.. causing Cowboys to show interest in FA 2020

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/n...responds-to-cb-jayron-kearses-arrest-charges/

"I'm very, very ticked off," Zimmer told reporters in his first comments about the incident. "Since I've been here the last six years, I've worked extremely hard to clean up the reputation of this organization, this team off the field. We've put in a lot of resources for them to not have these kind of issues, and for them to do that is really idiotic."

Zimmer will use safeties at linebacker much less than Quinn did. Quinn often had three and even four safeties on the field (after Bell was moved to linebacker). We've got Wilson, Hooker, Bell and Thomas to man two and sometimes three spots. Don't think we'd want to re-add Kearse to that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well let’s be mindful that Kearse wasn’t as good as he was after he left Zimmer. He flourished under Quinn.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

But you are right...I think the slow play was due to uncertainty NOT athleticism.....This team didn't have a MLB aka Defense QB.
I think he looked slow because he is slow

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I loved when the Cowboys brought Kearse in and he played very well his first two years. Last year, father time caught up with him. They will probably not rehire him.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1ST of all most players are trying to cash in esp older players. 2nd zimmer has no control on who they sign. Yes he had some say in the kendricks signing and the difference was there was no MLB but with Overshown slated to be back he is in line to take over from kearse anyway. So even if Zimmer wants Kearse back he could be shot down or stephen is waiting till the guy is practically free.

Ken

Reaction score
He wasn't that good last year. He looked slow.
Love Jayron....but they can't give him good money to come back....slipped last year and they won't use him right in all likelyhood.

loublue22

Reaction score
Saw him jogging around guys getting tackled 20 yards downfield a lot last year.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score

There was a lot of hero ball on this defense. He could've possibly been compensating for others mistakes.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will be an upgrade not having him on the field.
You're probably right, but there will be plenty around here that ridicule the FO for letting him walk....they will also ridicule the FO if we resign him....LOL

Mr_437

Reaction score
If Zim runs an interchangeable S scheme Kearse doesn't fit as well as the other Ss.

DQ signed Jeremy Chinn, so I doubt Kearse will be signed by WAS.