Miles Austin Highlights

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;3009878 said:
1 was too high, the other was a great play by the D

if that were Jenkins, or Newman, wed be saying "great play!"

some times the D wins
I'm not talking about the high one...I'm thinking of the deep shot earlier on. That looked like a catchable ball. And the other one he should have had, even if the CB got a hand on the ball.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Future;3009889 said:
I'm not talking about the high one...I'm thinking of the deep shot earlier on. That looked like a catchable ball. And the other one he should have had, even if the CB got a hand on the ball.

oh ok...the other 1, would have been a great play

but man, you are right, he got his hands on the other 1, but the DB got his hands in there real good

I'm just happy hes not the type to let that stuff, mess with his head, and just fold, shows were his head is at

proline

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;3009735 said:
great size and athletic ability

and a ton of people thought i was Crazy for saying he can be better than TO..and has more talent, from a physical stand point then TO

the thing that TO has over him right now is exp, and smarts..hes a bit smarter when running out there vs DB's than miles, which makes him lethal, but that will come in time

that jump ball? TO wouldn't and couldn't make that play, hes not a leave his feet WR, never jumps and goes up for the ball...and miles has shown he can win jump balls in the past

Speed? i think Miles is a bit faster and quicker for sure

Using there body? Miles uses his frame way better than TO

Hands? Austin...like i said those catches, especially the one were austin had to jump in the air with the pass behind him, and get drilled, TO wouldn't have caught that, or would he dare to turn n jump on a ball behind him, to get drilled

Austin has nothing but day light in front of him

Quite the man-crush you've got going there .....:cool:

How about saving the TO comparisons until he actually surpasses 5% of TO's TD's, receptions, or yards? I'm not an Austin hater, and I'm glad he came through and we won, but put away the annointing oil.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;3009909 said:
I'm just happy hes not the type to let that stuff, mess with his head, and just fold, shows were his head is at

Same here.

Miles Austin will sometimes run a bad route, take his eyes off the ball or somehow not come up with the catch.

But he stays positive and upbeat.

It's hard to believe where he is now after joining the team as a totally raw prospect with impressive computer numbers.

I didn't expect Bill Parcells to keep him as a sixth wideout.

But the Tuna saw something and didn't want to risk losing Sky Miles by exposing him to waivers on the way to the practice squad.

I've kept an eye on him ever since.

Austin has earned a chance to start and I hope he will be consistent enough to remain there.

We need his playmaking ability on the field just like Felix Jones'.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3009801 said:
Stone Cold Miles Austin? he sure did stomp a mudhole in those chiefs and walked it dry! now all we need is a photoshop of Miles face on Steve Austin's body:laugh2:
Stone Cold, lol.

NO...

six-million-dollar-man.jpg

[youtube]JktcQ2A32cU[/youtube]

Play those bongos!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3009984 said:
Stone Cold, lol.

NO...

six-million-dollar-man.jpg

who the hell is that guy? he's a chump.

Miles Austin>Stone Cold Steve Austin> that chump in the pic above

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Miles Austin is the ninth player since 1960 to have at least 10 catches, 250 yards receiving and two TD catches in a game.

The first eight guys to do it are some impressive names:

Jerry Butler
Wes Chandler
Steve Largent
John Taylor
Jerry Rice
Jimmy Smith
Chad Johnson
Lee Evans

Evans is the only one on that list who never made the Pro Bowl (yet), and all of the others except Butler made multiple Pro Bowls.

Frozen700

Reaction score
proline;3009936 said:
Quite the man-crush you've got going there .....:cool:

How about saving the TO comparisons until he actually surpasses 5% of TO's TD's, receptions, or yards? I'm not an Austin hater, and I'm glad he came through and we won, but put away the annointing oil.

relax

i said he COULD be better, not is, or is close to being better

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
What I like is that Austin, despite last week's game where he seemed to lose Romo's trust, is part of this core nucleus that has grown up together now for four or five seasons (Romo, Witten, Barber...Austin?).

Roy's not worth what we paid but he's not a chump of a player. He may be an albatross against the cap but he's not an albatross on game day, meaning he's not wearing his contract on Sunday's so to speak. If Austin shows to be a legitimate threat and we get Felix back, the offense has some promise and a lot of untapped potential.

And while everyone and their mom is down on Bennett right now, he too is not a bad player. With time, we might have something here -- and something that can be kept together for a few more seasons (Romo, Barber, Witten, Roy, Austin, Bennett, Felix and Choice).

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
RainMan;3010160 said:
What I like is that Austin, despite last week's game where he seemed to lose Romo's trust, is part of this core nucleus that has grown up together now for four or five seasons (Romo, Witten, Barber...Austin?).

Roy's not worth what we paid but he's not a chump of a player. He may be an albatross against the cap but he's not an albatross on game day, meaning he's not wearing his contract on Sunday's so to speak. If Austin shows to be a legitimate threat and we get Felix back, the offense has some promise and a lot of untapped potential.

And while everyone and their mom is down on Bennett right now, he too is not a bad player. With time, we might have something here -- and something that can be kept together for a few more seasons (Romo, Barber, Witten, Roy, Austin, Bennett, Felix and Choice).

Nice post. This is just wishful thinking, but if Austin can command double teams and be a deep threat, then that really clears up the underneath stuff for Roy,who IMO is really good in slants and combacks. He's a chain mover. You can never have enough of those on the field.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Start Austin already. Crayton is steady but he will never be the playmaker of Austin's ability. Crayton is a solid number2, but much better in the slot.

That said, would much rather see more Felix in the slot. Gotta get your playmakers on the field.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Rampage;3009761 said:
good to see one of our wrs go up and fight for the ball. that pass is normally picked but Austin took it from him. Hats off to Austing for giving 100% effort and not giving up.

No doubt. That was one of the best plays of the entire day.

Reaction score
What I loved most about watching those highlights were all of the broken tackles & yards after catch. His determination to get as many yards as possible is what allowed him to break Hayes' all-time record. His speed is what got him the rest of the way, once he broke all of those tackles.

They said at the beginning of the season, both the team & media, that this was his breakout year. It took an injury to Williams, but he finally showed that he belongs in the starting lineup. For a team that has been desperate for a WR to make plays, he was indeed the savior on Sunday. Message to coach-Start the guy!