Miles Austin Question

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I'm not advocating we do it anytime soon, but how long does Jerry Jones wait before we offer Miles Austin a bigger contract?

I am not sure how much he is making but if he continues to put up big numbers, I think you would have to increase his pay at some point.

Also, if he continues to perform at a high level, what type of money could he get in the near future?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I think he's making like 1.54 million this year

but if he keeps it up, it may be hard to keep him, esp. when you still have to give Ware a new deal

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
We have the 9 mil Jerry paid TO coming off the books next year. Austin and Ware will be taken care of.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He's making 1.545 million.

If there is no new CBA for next season, both Austin and Ware(and others) will still be restricted.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Austin will continue to put up numbers because he's now the GO TO guy. Before, Romo probably didn't even look his way but because Williams was out of the line up, he was forced to, and wow didn't that pay off.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3037615 said:
I'm not advocating we do it anytime soon, but how long does Jerry Jones wait before we offer Miles Austin a bigger contract?

I am not sure how much he is making but if he continues to put up big numbers, I think you would have to increase his pay at some point.

Also, if he continues to perform at a high level, what type of money could he get in the near future?

If he continues playing as he is then he will be in a good position to command a very good contract as an URFA next year. I'm sure Jerry will do what he can to make it happen.

Texan_Eph89

Reaction score
Well, he may end up being a restricted free agent since there's no progress in salary cap, etc...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Good question...I'm sure he'll get his.

Still, funny how someone can take home a very good paycheck for 3 years while contributing basically nothing and then as soon as he breaks out...time for him to get his. Just sayin'.

Anyway, that's how it works and I do understand that--his big payday will come soon enough.

Zman5

Reaction score
We always have the franchise tag option if it comes to that.