Million Dollar Baby... Anyone seen it?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I finally got a chance to watch this film and I don't know what it is about boxing, but 90% of the time, it makes for a great movie.

I'm a huge Clint Eastwood fan. I wasn't sure what to expect from this one. I liked Mystic River and felt it was a good movie but thought it might have been a bit overrated. I didn't feel that way, though, after watching Million Dollar Baby. This movie was almost as good as Unforgiven. I think I have a new all-time silver screen female villain after watching this one. The defending champion that Hillary Swank's character fights is one mean arse broad. Anytime someone tells you they would never hit a lady, then they've never met this cold-hearted chick.

Great performances throughout. All three of the leads (Eastwood, Freeman, Swank) deserve some kind of recognition. Besides the movie's storyline, it's also sad watching Eastwood get older because I know it probably won't be long before we never get a chance to watch him again. Clint Eastwood... the coolest man in Hollywood.

There have been a lot of directors who fell off in their later years but Eastwood has only gotten better. I can't wait to watch his next film which will be a WWII piece about the Battle of Iwo Jima.

mdb_home_r02c1.jpg

jamez25

Reaction score
haven't seen it but want too...Eastwood is probably the best director going now.