Twitter: Mini camp tweets

Haimerej

Reaction score

tenor.gif

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

I'm not sure I like that.

What this tells me is that they’re planning on having Parsons walk up somewhere near line of scrimmage and at the snap, when the offensive tackle expects the DE to come, sometimes it will be Parsons with the DE dropping back into a shallow zone. It could be an A-gap blitz or Parsons on the edge by the DE that is dropping.

If you look at that short video of Gregory, it is just a simple hook into the middle, which is just essentially where Parsons might be in coverage if not sent after the QB. It is in effect, just a type of zone-blitz. It is used to surprise the OL and unsettle the blocking scheme. It is also something that opposing offenses will have to work on and go over in their protection meetings the night before.

If it is what I think it is, Parsons could be a wrecking ball on those plays. It certainly isn’t something you’d use with any regularity, and it would mainly be used to try to confuse the OL and catch them napping in their protection. It could be very effective though.

If Parsons comes in an A-gap blitz and Gregory curls back to cover where Parsons should be, you have the OT blocking nobody and an overload in the middle. I love that, and with the speed that Parsons to get to the passer, it could be very dangerous for the QB if the protection isn’t right. It would be the same thing but a different side with Lawrence.

It could also be done sending Micah off the edge, I believe. Basically switching the rusher from Lawrence/Gregory to Parsons, as far as the OT is concerned. He’d just have to be on top of his game when he expected Lawrence and instead gets Parsons from a wider angle. It complicates things for the OL a lot. After Marinelli’s simple stuff, it is heaven for me.

However, it is just one play of many, so I wouldn’t expect to see either DE dropping in coverage very much. I expect to see more of Parsons on the edge when it comes to sending him after the QB. Or sending him through the A-gap with both Gregory and Lawrence coming after the QB as well.

There are just so many ways you can use a guy as rare as Parsons. It gets me so ready for the season.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What this tells me is that they’re planning on having Parsons walk up somewhere near line of scrimmage and at the snap, when the offensive tackle expects the DE to come, sometimes it will be Parsons with the DE dropping back into a shallow zone. It could be an A-gap blitz or Parsons on the edge by the DE that is dropping.

If you look at that short video of Gregory, it is just a simple hook into the middle, which is just essentially where Parsons might be in coverage if not sent after the QB. It is in effect, just a type of zone-blitz. It is used to surprise the OL and unsettle the blocking scheme. It is also something that opposing offenses will have to work on and go over in their protection meetings the night before.

If it is what I think it is, Parsons could be a wrecking ball on those plays. It certainly isn’t something you’d use with any regularity, and it would mainly be used to try to confuse the OL and catch them napping in their protection. It could be very effective though.

If Parsons comes in an A-gap blitz and Gregory curls back to cover where Parsons should be, you have the OT blocking nobody and an overload in the middle. I love that, and with the speed that Parsons to get to the passer, it could be very dangerous for the QB if the protection isn’t right. It would be the same thing but a different side with Lawrence.

It could also be done sending Micah off the edge, I believe. Basically switching the rusher from Lawrence/Gregory to Parsons, as far as the OT is concerned. He’d just have to be on top of his game when he expected Lawrence and instead gets Parsons from a wider angle. It complicates things for the OL a lot. After Marinelli’s simple stuff, it is heaven for me.

However, it is just one play of many, so I wouldn’t expect to see either DE dropping in coverage very much. I expect to see more of Parsons on the edge when it comes to sending him after the QB. Or sending him through the A-gap with both Gregory and Lawrence coming after the QB as well.

There are just so many ways you can use a guy as rare as Parsons. It gets me so ready for the season.
Thank you ** you are the word smith bro, and you get this picture on how the flexibility allows these movements.
Some think its all overhyped scheming concepts but it is really quite simple and it always has been when you have the ability to move a player that can actually be moved like Neal from LB to safety pre sanp, or Parsons from MLB to DE/PRS
This is only to moves pre snap and should set an example of how much that changes a defensive look very quickly and thats when QBs make mistakes, this is simple, but only if you have the actors that can make you believers.
Players like Kazee are going to be fast tracking this D along with Neal,, they are the Liaisons in Qs scheme.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

That's how I would envision it as well.