Minicamp photos (AP)

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hostile said:
Fasano is there too though.

Maybe they had no Friday classes?

The rule about Ohio state and all that doesn't apply to this one mini-camp. It's any other one's after this one.

At least that's what I'd heard.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Erik_H said:
The rule about Ohio state and all that doesn't apply to this one mini-camp. It's any other one's after this one.

The next one is June 2-4. I need to add that to the calendar.

hendog

Reaction score
Erik_H said:

Correct. They are allowed to attend "Orientation" regardless of graduation schedule.

dallasfan31

Reaction score
dd lewis is a good linebacker i think we should sign him.you never have a enought linebackers in 3-4.

VThokie7

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I just realized, Carpenter is there, but Ohio State doesn't let their players attenduntil after Graduation. Did he seek special permission or flatout do what he wanted?

I think the first set of camps right after the draft any player can attend. But then after that they can't attend the next set until after Graduation.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I just realized, Carpenter is there, but Ohio State doesn't let their players attenduntil after Graduation. Did he seek special permission or flatout do what he wanted?

He DOES have attitude problems.....:eek:

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
No. 57 is J.J. Horne, linebacker out of Pittsburgh. No. 20 wasn't Willie Pile -- it's Ronald Jones, corner out of Texas A&M.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Great stuff! Its starting already. I love it!

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
Dale said:
No. 57 is J.J. Horne, linebacker out of Pittsburgh. No. 20 wasn't Willie Pile -- it's Ronald Jones, corner out of Texas A&M.

i didn't think it was him at first either but the caption says willie pile

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
because 2nd year players are allowed to attend
No they aren't. Al Johnson was not allowed to attend his second year even though he had been out all of the year before on IR. It has to do with whether or not they have accrued a year toward their NFLPA benefits. Burnett definitely played enough last year that he is not considered a rookie by the league.

As for the rookies attending mini-camps; it is not Just Ohio State...it is all schools. Rookies cannot attend only the initial orientation or rookie mini-camp and then they have to stay away from the team until the end of their respective schools second semester. Ohio State players get more attention in this regard because their school year ends later than most other colleges.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
No they aren't. Al Johnson was not allowed to attend his second year even though he had been out all of the year before on IR. It has to do with whether or not they have accrued a year toward their NFLPA benefits. Burnett definitely played enough last year that he is not considered a rookie by the league.

hmmm, I read somewhere that 2nd year players were allowed to attend, I guess it's another team I read about then

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
hmmm, I read somewhere that 2nd year players were allowed to attend, I guess it's another team I read about then
It is supposed to be a league rule that they can't because Parcells wanted Al Johnson there but the league rule wouldn't allow it. Had it been a team rule Parcells could have done as he saw fit.

However, I have seen pictures of other teams holding their rookie mini-camps with vets there. I know they showed pics of McNabb throwing the ball in Philly's rookie camp last year. I think they used some sort of loophole to hold a vet camp simultaneously or some carp like that. I think that is where the confusion comes in.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I think they used some sort of loophole to hold a vet camp simultaneously or some carp like that. I think that is where the confusion comes in.

I think you may be right, thanks for setting me straight on the matter