Misinformation from the team

12+88=7

Reaction score
I remember when McCarthy had his first press conference and everyone was so excited. At that point I said it was nothing but coach speak and he really didn't say much. Some posters came after me about how he gave more information than Garrett and it was great.

When McCarthy was asked about certain players, Collins, Lee, and Lewis the injuries were always down played as "minor" and "not serious". But here we are at the 53 and those players are now on the IR and won't be available for weeks.

Imagine if the fanbase had known the truth from the get. We would have a different view of the team going into the season. Most would be concerned.

I really feel like you can't trust the reports coming from the team. God knows what is going on with Cooper. Another player that didn't practice the last week and we were told, it's no big deal.

Something is not right. Like I said a month ago. Take the team's reporting with a grain of salt. Be skeptical till proven true.

12+88=7

Reaction score
What benefit does the team get from telling the world what the injury situation of each player is? It makes no sense

During the season that makes sense.

But training camp is different. You now know, I know, the whole league knows. So there is no difference if he had been honest at the beginning. We would still be in the same place today.

It's about being able to believe what you're being told after you been lied to.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
I remember when McCarthy had his first press conference and everyone was so excited. At that point I said it was nothing but coach speak and he really didn't say much. Some posters came after me about how he gave more information than Garrett and it was great.

When McCarthy was asked about certain players, Collins, Lee, and Lewis the injuries were always down played as "minor" and "not serious". But here we are at the 53 and those players are now on the IR and won't be available for weeks.

Imagine if the fanbase had known the truth from the get. We would have a different view of the team going into the season. Most would be concerned.

I really feel like you can't trust the reports coming from the team. God knows what is going on with Cooper. Another player that didn't practice the last week and we were told, it's no big deal.

Something is not right. Like I said a month ago. Take the team's reporting with a grain of salt. Be skeptical till proven true.
Every team does it

ESisback

Reaction score

There are no guarantees, and I’m not gonna waste time being miserable about a possibility. I understand the reality and all, but jeez!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

YES! It's about time someone else said the same thing I've been saying since McCarthy was introduced to us, stuffed in his not fitting suit. Where have you been? I'm the guy that's been saying only believe what you see with your own eyes when it comes to this new coaching regime, welcome aboard! McCarthy is a control freak when it comes to the media and sharing access to the team with the fans.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What McCarthy's doing is standard procedure for an experienced coach. He's no dummy -- the less he reveals, the better!

sjmike

Reaction score
If he revealed the extent of the injury than another team would jack up the cost when he is trying to trade for a player. It's what you do

JonesBoys

Reaction score

Bellichick down plays injuries all the time and doesn’t give much or any information. I don’t see how this is a bad thing.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Sometimes injuries don't improve as much as hoped or maybe they reaggreviated injuries when working back. I don't have concerns with how it was reported.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
It's about being able to believe what you're being told after you been lied to.

Bro are you ok? He lied to us? How is giving no info lying? Have you not paid attention to other teams? This isn't the only team that does not give the full extent of injuries. Have you heard how the Eagles are reporting injuries? The Eagles have now went way of the NHL and are reporting injuries has "lower/upper body injury"! I am not sure why you have such a problem with this.

Paradox

Reaction score

I guess it boils down to what your definition of "minor" and "not serious" is. Clearly his definition is that they will miss at least 3 weeks. In mid-August, he said the Collins injury was minor but he also said he will miss some time. The new IR rules are why it looks worse than it is. These players would not likely have been placed on IR last season.

TheGoat73

Reaction score

I don’t mind a coach who doesn’t say much. Seems smart.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
There job is to win. Not serve the emotional, sensitive and entitled fans.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am just glad he did not put it as ...day to day...
Not so much the saying anymore, but the person that said it...yeah, he is no longer here...:laugh: