Missing Dwayne Harris, ST are good this year and Terrance Williams should be starting

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A few ramblings....

I am missing Dwayne Harris in the return game. Terrance Williams is just not good at it like Dwayne is. These are yards we are missing and with the Defense so crappy this season and the Offensive side of the ball having all kinds of brain farts (coaching and QB) we can use all the extra yards and field position we can get.

Even without Dwayne Harris and his lost yards...I have to give credit to the Special Teams unit and the ST Coach as they have done a great job this year. This seems like the first time in many seasons that we have not had multiple screwups on ST during the season. So with all of the anger at players and coaches, offense and defense...we need to at least acknowledge the work that the ST players and Coaches are doing...They deserve it. One of the few bright spots on the team right now.

Terrance Williams should be starting. I know I just said that I miss Dwayne and Terrance is just not as good. However I am not talking about him starting on special Teams.

I am talking about him starting at WR over Miles Austin.

Terrance has made rookie mistakes but he was also contributing a great deal for a rookie and for a rookie, even with the mistakes, I think he was showing a good deal of promise.

Most Rookie WRs are going to make mistakes. Not all will be a Randy Moss type of impact in their rookie years.

However I think where he has been put on the back burner since Miles has came back I think we forget some of the numbers he has put up this year and how he was helping the team.

39 Receptions
613 Yards
5 TDs

That's not bad for a WR who has only started 6 games. Sure he has played a role in other all 14 games but since Miles has been back it has been reduced a great deal.

I think many of us believe this is Miles Last year. I understand they think he gives them a better target but might as well give Terrance the nod so he can get the extra EXP and be the likely starter next year.

I guess they could be letting Miles keep going in the hopes that he catches fire like he did some years ago. Or maybe they are hoping someone will see what he is doing these last few games and want to trade for him in the off season.

However I think it is time to let Terrance be the starter the rest of the season.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I have absolutely 0 idea how JG thought it was a good idea to give Austin snaps/touches over Williams. Not even a single clue.

bark

Reaction score
Can't disagree with any of that Brian . I would add its time to play Escobar more snaps . We paid a high price for him, let's see what we got.

silver

Reaction score
Miles shouldn't be on the team let alone starting. He's absolutely worthless at this point. I'd rather promote a receiver from the practice squad than witness another half *** performance of his.

basstapp

Reaction score
Escobar has made plays when the ball is thrown to him. He is one of the best mismatches we have on our team and they keep trotting Hanna out there. I honestly would run a 2 TE set 2 WR set with Murray in the backfield.

silver

Reaction score
Escobar has made plays when the ball is thrown to him. He is one of the best mismatches we have on our team and they keep trotting Hanna out there. I honestly would run a 2 TE set 2 WR set with Murray in the backfield.

Except for the time he was targeted in the end zone and dropped the ball.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A few ramblings....

I am missing Dwayne Harris in the return game. Terrance Williams is just not good at it like Dwayne is. These are yards we are missing and with the Defense so crappy this season and the Offensive side of the ball having all kinds of brain farts (coaching and QB) we can use all the extra yards and field position we can get.

Even without Dwayne Harris and his lost yards...I have to give credit to the Special Teams unit and the ST Coach as they have done a great job this year. This seems like the first time in many seasons that we have not had multiple screwups on ST during the season. So with all of the anger at players and coaches, offense and defense...we need to at least acknowledge the work that the ST players and Coaches are doing...They deserve it. One of the few bright spots on the team right now.

Terrance Williams should be starting. I know I just said that I miss Dwayne and Terrance is just not as good. However I am not talking about him starting on special Teams.

I am talking about him starting at WR over Miles Austin.

Terrance has made rookie mistakes but he was also contributing a great deal for a rookie and for a rookie, even with the mistakes, I think he was showing a good deal of promise.

Most Rookie WRs are going to make mistakes. Not all will be a Randy Moss type of impact in their rookie years.

However I think where he has been put on the back burner since Miles has came back I think we forget some of the numbers he has put up this year and how he was helping the team.

39 Receptions
613 Yards
5 TDs

That's not bad for a WR who has only started 6 games. Sure he has played a role in other all 14 games but since Miles has been back it has been reduced a great deal.

I think many of us believe this is Miles Last year. I understand they think he gives them a better target but might as well give Terrance the nod so he can get the extra EXP and be the likely starter next year.

I guess they could be letting Miles keep going in the hopes that he catches fire like he did some years ago. Or maybe they are hoping someone will see what he is doing these last few games and want to trade for him in the off season.

However I think it is time to let Terrance be the starter the rest of the season.

I finish re-watching the game. I noticed that Austin made several really good blocks in the run game. His block was the difference in a big gain vs a no gain without it several times.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I finish re-watching the game. I noticed that Austin made several really good blocks in the run game. His block was the difference in a big gain vs a no gain without it several times.
Miles the anchor. Escobar can contribute too. Murray is showing up and the line is playing tenfold better than last year. Give me any new combination of HC, OC and DC and these position coaches and this team is 9-5 right now with these injuries.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think they are just hoping against hope that Miles catches fire, just like you said. That's kind of par for the Jerry era... We've seen this many times, whether it be Roy Williams 11 or plenty of others.

But yeah, I've always liked Miles and defended him, but he just isn't producing much anymore. Seems like our offense was best when he was hurt and we were playing so much of Dez, Williams, and Beasley.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Those are some awfully expensive blocks.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that Miles has given us very little. But they do like him in the slot, and Tony is comfortable that he's going to be where he's supposed to be. He was in position to score on that pick Tony didn't get far enough out ahead of him, after all.

It's a safe bet that, if Tony wanted Beasley out there in the slot, or Miles out wide iin place of Williams, that's what we'd do. Tony's big on being able to trust where a player is going to be in his route. I'm sure his input into the personnel in the base sets is part of what Jerry was talking about at the beginning of the year in terms of Tony being involved (though, that was probably always the case in this regard).

bark

Reaction score
Those are some awfully expensive blocks.

Let me see if I've got this. We've got a receiver who can block but doesn't add much catching the ball and a tight end who can catch but can't block out the sun... And both are very expensive in their own way... Seems about right