Missing Gallup Hurts

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Garrett usually drops the ball when we have an injury. if we lost a back up Oline man, we d consider it bigger than we all knew.

other teams have injuries and still win against good teams.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Gallup complements Cooper. I hear the excuses for the Eagles when old man Jackson is hurting but when Gallup is missing and Cooper has been injured since August 1. Dak sucks. Cowboys zone and the media blame the quarterback.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Garrett usually drops the ball when we have an injury. if we lost a back up Oline man, we d consider it bigger than we all knew.

other teams have injuries and still win against good teams.

Exactly. You notice it. I certainly notice it. I wish that more of our fellow fans notice and acknowledge it... *sigh*

Proof

Reaction score
May be Gallup was lighting it up because of Copper. Careful before we start dumping Coop and making Gallup #1 WR......remember Michael Irvin/Alvin Harper.

Right. Gallup is great, but he plays alongside Amari. He obviously would have been nice to have this game, and probably would have helped, but I don't think not having him hurt. imo

Verdict

Reaction score
#facts. You could see the offense slow down starting with Mia. We have to be able to adjust with injury though. We just got beat by a back up QB but Gallup makes a world of a difference. Makes it harder to sneak extra defenders in the box. He'll also abuse any corner not playing Coop. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

We need him back ASAP but not at the expense of reinjury.

Verdict

Reaction score
Right. Gallup is great, but he plays alongside Amari. He obviously would have been nice to have this game, and probably would have helped, but I don't think not having him hurt. imo

I respectfully strongly disagree.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Yes Gallup is definitely missed in our offense but I tried to play that card in the Saints game and I got called, and raised with the Drew Brees injury card. At that time I had no choice but to fold:(

In any case I hope he's back and effective sooner rather than later:flagwave:

lk8701

Reaction score
Losing Gallup was a lot bigger deal than anyone realizes. He seems to be Dak’s go to guy and security blanket. I believe him being out was a significant factor against the Saints.

Gallup is a legit player. Almost as significant already as Amari is. In fact I could see the team saving Amari’s cap hit after this year and making Gallup the feature WR.

Hopefully this Sunday the Dark Knight Rises.

Cmac

Reaction score
I don't know if this is 100% true but when we play a good team it seems like Cooper doesn't always show up. He'll eat vs a weaker team. Not sure if that's a $20 million dollar WR. I feel like Gallup is more important and is under used and is very underrated.
Coop.....you about to get the Dez treatment.....I guess Dak has to throw it at his facemask.

exciter

Reaction score
Losing Gallup was a lot bigger deal than anyone realizes. He seems to be Dak’s go to guy and security blanket. I believe him being out was a significant factor against the Saints.

Gallup is a legit player. Almost as significant already as Amari is. In fact I could see the team saving Amari’s cap hit after this year and making Gallup the feature WR.
They traded a 1st for Cooper, letting him walk after what in the end will be 2 very productive seasons would be a fail of epic proportions. Doing so not knowing how or if Gallup can handle being covered by the opponents #1 corner and having the safety shading his side would only amplify that fail. Don't think even Jerry would be willing to take on that level of criticism!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Lattimore limited Cooper, the front seven focused on stuffing Zeke, and the #2 receiver didn't take advantage of Apple.

Gallup's absence was big. It didn't matter against Miami but the Saints absolutely benefited from it.

Verdict

Reaction score
They traded a 1st for Cooper, letting him walk after what in the end will be 2 very productive seasons would be a fail of epic proportions. Doing so not knowing how or if Gallup can handle being covered by the opponents #1 corner and having the safety shading his side would only amplify that fail. Don't think even Jerry would be willing to take on that level of criticism!

It wouldn’t be a fail of epic proportions. The team should at least get a 3rd round comp pick from Amari based on salvage value. We spent a first rounder on Tank and got zero rate of return on that pick. So with Amari, at worst, you are getting two years worth of cheap labor at an expensive position for essentially swapping a late first for a late 3rd.

We can always tag and trade Amari and my guess is he would net you a first rounder in a trade. So that would essentially be renting the player for two years cheaply for free, and he helped you evaluate Dak which is probably even more valuable.

exciter

Reaction score
It wouldn’t be a fail of epic proportions. The team should at least get a 3rd round comp pick from Amari based on salvage value. We spent a first rounder on Tank and got zero rate of return on that pick. So with Amari, at worst, you are getting two years worth of cheap labor at an expensive position for essentially swapping a late first for a late 3rd.

We can always tag and trade Amari and my guess is he would net you a first rounder in a trade. So that would essentially be renting the player for two years cheaply for free, and he helped you evaluate Dak which is probably even more valuable.
Yeah that 3rd is basically a 4th, but yeah even then trading a 1st for a 3rd is a fail, last I checked hes getting paid over 12m this season. Exactly what 1st for tank are you speaking of, last I saw he was still on the team and despite all the gnashing of teeth is playing well!

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
We need him back ASAP but not at the expense of reinjury.

He is trying to get back this week. Doing a lot of things. I'll state this as rumor for now.

I believe it was mentioned Talking Cowboys yesterday. If I find it. I'll post it.

Verdict

Reaction score
He is trying to get back this week. Doing a lot of things. I'll state this as rumor for now.

I believe it was mentioned Talking Cowboys yesterday. If I find it. I'll post it.
I believe you.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yeah that 3rd is basically a 4th, but yeah even then trading a 1st for a 3rd is a fail, last I checked hes getting paid over 12m this season. Exactly what 1st for tank are you speaking of, last I saw he was still on the team and despite all the gnashing of teeth is playing well!
I meant Taco. Good catch.

Verdict

Reaction score

He was almost free last year. He is playing for about 8m less or more per year than market value this year. The cap impact is significant.

exciter

Reaction score
He was almost free last year. He is playing for about 8m less or more per year than market value this year. The cap impact is significant.
He's 24, one of the top players on the team, and carrys the value of our 2019 1st round pick. I think you pay him his market value and do so with a smile on your face and spring in your step. Considering its been reported he's already been offered a lucrative contract, I'm thinking they will be doing so!